Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coastal Artillery Tunic for review.

Gentlemen,

I have a KM Coastal Artillery Tunic that I would like to hear your option on. The insignias look original to the tunic in my option. When I got the tunic it was missing two buttons. I have replaced them with none matching but original buttons until a perfect match will come to my attention. There is some rust damage where the collar hocks are and on the inside of the liner. I can not find any depot stamps on the inside.

I blurred out the swastika as Photo bucket don’t like them to well.

Looking forward to your comments and if you need more pictures then say the word.

With regards,
    Stian

I got the tunic with the top pair of shoulder board. Is this a branch of costal artillery? One of the other pair I got from Collectors Guild and one pair locally. Do you have any problem with any of them?

Hi Stian, nice M42 KA tunic. Collars look original form the tunic, and the stitching of the eagles in zig-zag in the KA tunics is not rare, so probably is also original from it.

I had a very similar one, same model, lining, ... in the pass that came from Norway.

Any maker stamp inside. In late models, 1943-44 is not rare that the KM depot stamps are missing.
    Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Hello
      That is a really nice tunic !!! I agree as well , the collar tabs are definitely 100% original to the tunic , eagle does look good as well .
      All in all , that is a keeper for sure .
      Regards
      P-Y

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words regarding my tunic. I did not know that this was a M42. Then again this is the only Coastal Art tunic that I have ever had.

Do you have any comment to the shoulder tabs? What does the pair with the anchors represent?

A forum member has PM me and asked polite if I would be willing to sell the tunic. Do you have an estimate on the value of this tunic complete with a pair of shoulder boards?

Cheers
        Stian

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat de Fer View Post
          Hello
          That is a really nice tunic !!! I agree as well , the collar tabs are definitely 100% original to the tunic , eagle does look good as well .
          All in all , that is a keeper for sure .
          Regards
          P-Y
          I rarely disagree with Pierre who's opinion I highly value. In this matter I do disagree. The collar tabs have been replaced and I have to believe the eagle must have been also...

Comment

shoulder straps

Originally posted by Stian View Post
            Hi,

Do you have any comment to the shoulder tabs? What does the pair with the anchors represent?

Cheers
            Stian
            I believe the winged shell superimposed on the anchor was for wartime Coastal Artillery and Naval Antiaircraft battalions, whereas the crossed unfouled anchors was used more often in Cadre battalions.

Best regards,
            ---Norm

Comment

I would have to agree with John on this one. The tab/collar backside shows an amateur sewed the tabs on, the tension adjustment is all wrong. Is the breast eagle sewn all the way through the lining? The thread sure looks similar from the front.

Richard

Comment

Hi all,

I am providing some more detail pictures of the eagle and right and left collar tabs. The eagle has not been sewn thru the lining.

With regards,
                Stian

Left side tab.

Right side tab.

Comment

I still like the stitching of the collars. The thread used, that is very greenish, is used in other parts of the collar also, and I have seen used also in some other KA tunics.

Regards
                  Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

Comment

Originally posted by Stian View Post
                    Hi,

Thank you for your kind words regarding my tunic. I did not know that this was a M42. Then again this is the only Coastal Art tunic that I have ever had.

A forum member has PM me and asked polite if I would be willing to sell the tunic. Do you have an estimate on the value of this tunic complete with a pair of shoulder boards?

Cheers
                    Stian
                    Hi Stian, the shoulderboards with the two crossed unfouled anchors were used up to 1939 by the NCO instruction battalions, and latter for many units, it was the usual unit emblem when man was not asigned to a KA or antiaircraft Battalion.

About a fair value for this one I would say that arround 1.400 euros.

Regards
                    Eduardo

Comment

One at the MAX was snapped up for $750.00 last Thursday.

Comment

Originally Posted by KM-spain
                        Hi Stian, the shoulderboards with the two crossed unfouled anchors were used up to 1939 by the NCO instruction battalions, and latter for many units, it was the usual unit emblem when man was not asigned to a KA or antiaircraft Battalion.

About a fair value for this one I would say that arround 1.400 euros.
                        Thank you for that info.
                        Cheers,
                        Stian

Comment

I quite like the stitching on the tabs and breast eagle, to me they look original, although I am far less experienced with these than other guys who have commented. Regards, Bill

Comment

Hello
                            To me these tabs are definitely original to the collar , not based on how they are sewed , but based on how they sit on the collar , and the little "shadow " around them , let me believe that these collar were applied a long time ago .
                            I will respectfully agree to disagree and this one with John , since he definitely is more knowledgeable than me .
                            Best Regards
                            Pierre-Yves

Comment

Would want to see it in hand but it looks like both eagle and tabs are factory sewn,IMO.

Glenn
                              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X