Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WH M43 tunic. Good or bad?

Gentlemen,

I have a WH M43 tunic that I would like to get some comments on. The sewing on the eagle has not gone thru the lining on the inside. Collar tabs may be original to the tunic. GJ arm patch is hand sewn. No visual stamps on the inside.
    Shoulder boards are of M44 type and have been added by me later.

I blurred out the swastika as Photo bucket don’t like them to well.

Looking forward to your comments and if you need detail more pictures the say the word.

With regards,
    Stian

I think I have seen this tunic before. Did you get it recently?

Comment

Hi Johnny,

I have had this tunic for about 2 1/2 years. Got it in Norway .

Stian

Comment

Nice field worn one..Insignia looks original to the jacket,IMO.

It looks like an officers eagle was applied over the factory eagle at one point and removed.

Glenn
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Very nice combat vet!I LOVE these salty dogs and it's got original insigna to it!
          Thank for sharing!
          Cheers
          chris

Comment

nice m43 jacket. pitty that liner was removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
              Nice field worn one..Insignia looks original to the jacket,IMO.

It looks like an officers eagle was applied over the factory eagle at one point and removed.

Glenn
              interesting observation Glenn ,nice worn original jacket i have one with a similar bird application and the moths got to mine as well the only thing they ate was the birds highlights
              Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
              teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

nice long shape, as they should be imo, not shortened-troops did that themselves. love too the cloth texture, the criss cross weave is poignant.had thought belt hook holes large. shall let it pass. cute piece of cloth.

Comment

Hi all,

Thank you for taking your time looking at my tunic. I am happy to hear that you like it.

Adding some picures of it "combat ready"

With regards,
                  Stian

Comment

Nice display and original tunic
                    Luca
                    Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

a dummy dressed with love. nice kit. question: were tent peg bags issued as kit to each man?
                      as one peg and one stick was issued to every man, it seems too much they should get a bag that fits three of each item. so whats the story?
                      (oh, is there a gas cape in the bag too?!)
                      its v enjoyable to see how fashions change in this hobby.
                      way long ago-ish y-straps to my knowledge were routinely polished.
                      now there is quite an interesting growing number of ascetic collectors who much prefer the dry un-tainted leather ware. and i can quite understand it...

Comment

I would have changed the shoulder boards to Gebirgsjeager boards if i were you.
                        Nice jacket
                        I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                        Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                        My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

I think what looks like wear to the breast eagle could be insect damage, done by silverfish. This is a great jacket that I would be happy to own.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal
                            I would have changed the shoulder boards to Gebirgsjeager boards if i were you.
                            Nice jacket
                            Hi Rick,

Thanks for your kind words.
                            A question! Do you believe the shoulder straps are for Panzer grenadiers? You may be right but there where variations in the green colure used. About two years ago there was a discussion on a GJ officer tunic with light green piping. I am the owner of this tunic now and I’m quite happy with it.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=216041

With regards,
                            Stian

Comment

Very nice tunic! Congratulations.

I also think that these Pzgr shoulderboards aren't original to the tunic. Somehow it looks odd to my eye. I would start the hunt for a true GJ pair.

Keep up with the good work!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X