M42 HBT for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by corporalSteiner View Post
    we have to accept it, as it does happen and each to their own.
    i have sold stuff on this forum, then wandered through a fair and low and behold, its hanging up for sale at nearly double the price. everyone has their overheads, but there is certainly an unsavory kind of stink associated with items like this imo....it taints.
    yes...you are right...it's happen to every collector...when we sell our stuff we try to get some money more...but in this case the timing and the price are inappropriate

Comment

Hi everyone,

First off, I want to say I respect all of the comments here. You have a right to speak your minds. However, I know I am not the first man here who has tried to make a buck off the hobby. I am a capitalist in the truest sense of the word, but that does not necessarily mean I am a low down scoundrel. If you can suggest a fairer price for this tunic, please let me know, and I will take it into consideration. As far as the timing goes, I have always lived in the fast lane!

Cheers,
      Eddie
      Last edited by EMSMIT2; 10-07-2009, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EMSMIT2 View Post
        Hi everyone,

First off, I want to say I respect all of the comments here. You have a right to speak your minds. However, I know I am not the first man here who has tried to make a buck off the hobby. I am a capitalist in the truest since of the word, but that does not necessarily mean I am a low down scoundrel. If you can suggest a fairer price for this tunic, please let me know, and I will take it into consideration. As far as the timing goes, I have always lived in the fast lane!

Cheers,
        Eddie
        imo its big of you to face the music, eddie. the jacket may be dear, but your fess is fair. walk your line.

Comment

Originally posted by corporalSteiner View Post
          imo its big of you to face the music, eddie. the jacket may be dear, but your fess is fair. walk your line.

I agree! The jacket has tons of character but its price it's overly enflated (and even a tad too high for such a tunic) but I do like Eddie's fess too!Good luck with the sale!
          Cheers
          Chris

Comment

Hi everyone,

First off, I want to say I respect all of the comments here. You have a right to speak your minds. However, I know I am not the first man here who has tried to make a buck off the hobby. I am a capitalist in the truest sense of the word, but that does not necessarily mean I am a low down scoundrel. If you can suggest a fairer price for this tunic, please let me know, and I will take it into consideration. As far as the timing goes, I have always lived in the fast lane!

Cheers,
            Eddie
            Hello
            True , but at the end of the day , someone else could have got these tunic for their collection and keep it for a long time , I remember the original sale thread because the seller offered it for a very good price , and several people had shown real interest ( And NO !!! I was not one of them , I just remember the price) .
            You obviously got it , good for you , but at the same time post it here as soon as you received it , showing that obviously knew little about it , we got to help you and then just turn around to make a quick profit , to me it looks like you had 0 interest in the tunic , just interested in making a quick profit , you right of course but.... I just wish a beginner collector could have gotten this nice jacket , at least he would have appreciated his good deal for a long time to come , instead it went to someone looking for a profit .
            It is not so much about you , but about the state of this hobby , what you have done here just shows were we really are .
            Not about collecting anymore , but just about making a quick $$$$.
            Fair enough I guess ....
            Good luck on your sale.
            Regards
            P-Y

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat de Fer View Post
              Hello
              ...... to me it looks like you had 0 interest in the tunic , just interested in making a quick profit .....
              P-Y
              WELL SAID... Soldat de Fer....I have the same thought

Comment

Hi everyone,

Cheers,
                Eddie
                Whoaaah-Sh*t !!! Flipp'n excelent concluding reply. I'm just digg'n the "livin in the fast lane" part, gotta have the balls man,,,,,,,,,,,"HELLLLLLL- YEAH !!!"

"Airborne Ranger"
                Last edited by CIB; 10-07-2009, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat de Fer View Post
                  Hello
                  True , but at the end of the day , someone else could have got these tunic for their collection and keep it for a long time , I remember the original sale thread because the seller offered it for a very good price , and several people had shown real interest ( And NO !!! I was not one of them , I just remember the price) .
                  You obviously got it , good for you , but at the same time post it here as soon as you received it , showing that obviously knew little about it , we got to help you and then just turn around to make a quick profit , to me it looks like you had 0 interest in the tunic , just interested in making a quick profit , you right of course but.... I just wish a beginner collector could have gotten this nice jacket , at least he would have appreciated his good deal for a long time to come , instead it went to someone looking for a profit .
                  It is not so much about you , but about the state of this hobby , what you have done here just shows were we really are .
                  Not about collecting anymore , but just about making a quick $$$$.
                  Fair enough I guess ....
                  Good luck on your sale.
                  Regards
                  P-Y
                  Hi P-Y,
                  I 100% agree with you in that Eddie has clearly shown little interest in this tunic per se and shown even clearlier that he has thought he'd have backed the right horse grabbing this tunic for a few hundred $$$ and putting it on sale again for well over a grand,making a good profit out of the sale!A younger collector may have bought it first,that's true, but in this case the name of the game is being quick..Eddy draw first,shot,hit the target before anybody else,period!
                  I can't see nothing wrong in that,I mean I can't see nothing wrong in making profit in a honest way...after all the former seller asked US$400 for the tunic and sold it to Eddie...Eddy's asking a million dollars for it and he's free to ask what he wants...good luck with the sale... and AFAIC that brings the whole story to an end!
                  I quote you as saying "It is not so much about you , but about the state of this hobby , what you have done here just shows were we really are .
                  Not about collecting anymore , but just about making a quick $$$$"...and THAT is the saddest part of the story!
                  Salut
                  Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X