Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help identifying this zelt

Fellow collectors.

Below is a pic I just picked up. Can any of you shed light on the identity of the solid zelt on the right.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mark
    Attached Files

.......Anyone..............any ideas on the identity of this solid zelt.

There must be someone out there that knows what this is??????

Thanks
    Mark

Comment

I would put this in the gear section. Given they are GJ it may be Austrian or enemy captured.

Comment

Check out the condition of the bergmutze there, not much of the leather band around it left

Also appears to have a metal eagle

Comment

Maybe it's an Italian one, they don't have any camo on one side
          And the construction is also like one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by coco bandy View Post
            Maybe it's an Italian one, they don't have any camo on one side
            And the construction is also like one of those.
            I thought so at first as well - at first glance the head flap looks like an Italian zelt but when looked at closely its not the same - too many buttons.

Also the Italian zelt has a totally different corner layout - this corner looks more like a Swiss zelt corner but the Swiss ones didnt have this head flap layout.

Perplexing

Comment

@ D.Sagatowski

I think that the eagle is an early bevo T. Great picture btw.

Comment

Ok I think you guys are going way too deep here, obviously the first is a splinter zelt and the other looks to be a real early heer one. Now I know who outbid me

Comment

Originally posted by afrikasandman View Post
                  Ok I think you guys are going way too deep here, obviously the first is a splinter zelt and the other looks to be a real early heer one. Now I know who outbid me
                  thanks - Did the early Heer zelts have a head hole covering like this. All samples I've seen are without it.

Comment

To be perfectly honest I don't give a ### about the zelt,but the picture is ABSOLUTELY GREAT......thank you for sharing it Mark!
                    Cheers
                    Chris

Comment

I don't think this Zelt is early Heer, although it might be after all.

Given the provided scan, I presume the Zelt to be grey-brownish in colour, especially when compared to the base colour of the Splittertarn Zelt on the left. This rules out a few options, but also leads us to possibilities such as captured Russian, Belgian, Dutch, UK or CZ stock. Given the looks of it, I think we can rule out the Zelt as being ex-Belgian army, but my knowledge on these garments is too limited to be of much help here. A wild guess would lead me to the Eastern-European armies. The square shape is a bit reminiscent of Russian Zelt's, but still different.

Interesting question and topic for sure.
                      Hope that someone can shed some light on this small puzzling question soon.

Regards,
                      Vincent S.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X