Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m43 feldbluse tailored in italian cloth

Hi friends,
    here one my m43 filed tunic bought near 20 years ago and tailored with the classic italian 'ortica' cloth. As you see it doesn't lack the character!
    I remember that germans made a great use of italian cloth to tailor their uniforms, expecially after the September 8th 1943, when Italy surrended and germans took every cloth available (Ortica, Olona, Gabardina) from italian army depots.
    Another nice feature of this tunic is the strap under the collar which sometimes someone assign to the gebisrgs truppen. It's a wrong theory because in this tunic there aren't any traces of Edelweiss patch.
    Alex
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alex Ciavaglia; 09-14-2009, 07:01 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Alex

I like it a lot. I have 2 tunics done with the same cloth. My eagles are different. Could you post photos of the interior liner and markings if present?
                  I like the tunic and insignia ( I am not an expert).
                  My tunics
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=347824

regards

JUan

Comment

Hello
                    Nice tunic and a hard to find as well , since it appears to have been made and issued for/to GBJ ( flap underneath the collar ) . I know you state , it is a wrong theory , but in principle , only tunic used by them are found with this feature ( which was done for a very good reason) .
                    Regards
                    P-Y

Comment

Originally posted by jcsanche View Post
                      Hi Alex

I like it a lot. I have 2 tunics done with the same cloth. My eagles are different. Could you post photos of the interior liner and markings if present?
                      I like the tunic and insignia ( I am not an expert).
                      My tunics
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=347824

regards

JUan
                      Hi Juan,
                      markings are very faint..
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice tunic.

The neck closure is just a field modifacation on a standard M43 tunic. The
                        "M36" style factory tunics with this feature were Mountain Troop tunics or "Bergrocks" and also had a closure at the wrists. You see this type of modifaction to the collar fairly often and it does not indicate they were GJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                          Nice tunic.

The neck closure is just a field modifacation on a standard M43 tunic. The
                          "M36" style factory tunics with this feature were Mountain Troop tunics or "Bergrocks" and also had a closure at the wrists. You see this type of modifaction to the collar fairly often and it does not indicate they were GJ.
                          Hi Johnny,
                          in my tunic the strap device is tailored with the same thread and cloth of the tunic and the buttons who hold it, are the same of the ones present in the tunic and sewed with the very same thread! So i would not say field modifications!

Comment

If that is the case then you have the only example that is a factory made M43 like that I have ever seen. I would be much more apt to believe the glass buttons for the collar closure and the botton of the collar liner were added later and the factory buttons are the paper ones in the collar and cuff buttons

Comment

Alex when you are tired to have this tunic in your collection, please let me know.
                              A tunic full of character, congrats
                              Luca
                              Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X