"P" devices for boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"P" devices for boards

I picked up a pair of Hauptmann panzer boards that have had single numbers or devices removed. There is no definitive fading or outline of whatever was there but there is evidence for two pins, one to the top right and another to the botton left if you are looking at the board from the top.

I know there is variation with the pin position but can someone please check to see if this is the typical set up for "P"s and what the length of a full-size "P' device for a board is in MM.

Thanks,

hello,

on the gothic "P" i have,
    pins are located on sides, lenght is about 23 mm.

derka

Comment

Hi Johnny,

I just measured mine: Lenght----> 0.18 mm and width---> 0.13mm

All the best,

Comment

Here is one of the boards, it looks like it was a "P". The tunic is from a Soviet Museum. I think if I were PAK I would take those off as well before I was captured.
        Attached Files

Comment

Did you try to black light it at all, John? Sometimes there's a ghost of the numeral or cypher that it picks out. The P boards I have have one at the base of the P and another at the outside of the "loop" near the top.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
            Did you try to black light it at all, John? Sometimes there's a ghost of the numeral or cypher that it picks out. The P boards I have have one at the base of the P and another at the outside of the "loop" near the top.

Don
            My Black light is dead. I need another one so I can see my Farrah posters in all their glory again. I am pretty sure it was a "P", there is a little bit of an outline left along the outside edge of the top right part of the "P".

Comment

Perhaps this helps

Comment

location of holes

Comment

Hello Johhny

Here are two with the Gothic "P" so you can compare. I thought "p" was panzerjaeger instead of panzer

Regards Erwin
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Hardy, nice boards and they would match up perfectly to mine. Interesting modifacation to them for sew-in use.

Erwin, the "P" is Panzerabwehr, I just refer to the boards as panzer meaning the entire Arm of the piping.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin L View Post
                      I thought "p" was panzerjaeger instead of panzer
                      Yes

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X