General's Belt - Opinions, Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General's Belt - Opinions, Please

I am no expert on the gilding process, but this belt is purported to be a general's belt. The buckle is definitely gilded gold, but there is some wear off the rear - is this common? Dated 1942, Springer & Co, Berlin. As always, any and all opinions appreciated!

Don
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DonC; 09-10-2009, 02:50 PM.

Numero dos:
    Attached Files

Comment

Drei:
      Attached Files

Comment

More verdegris:
        Attached Files

Comment

My understanding was that some types of SA belts are similar to Generals belts and sold as such. It is period and oriignal whatever it is. Looks very well made. I have one much like this but it is buried somewhere not easy to get to.

Comment

Thanks, John -

I had wondered if it was SA or political, but it's a really nice, rich, gold color - the Political and SA ones I have seen are generally a llittle more brassy. The leather is also more Heer brown than the dark chestnut for Political and SA. It has definitely resided in a smoker's home for a few decades - that's for certain.

Don

Comment

I will dig mine out tonight. I know nothing about Political stuff. Mine came with a General's uniform set so I think it was WH etc.

Comment

It is an original belt (Springer & Co) I think I have one as well but it was silver painted...Would have most likely been produced for General officers as well from this maker.

I always thought the Political belts were RZM marked etc on either the leather or reverse buckle itself.

Glenn
                "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Thanks, Glenn.

Don

Comment

Hi,

original one. Should be actually General, as all the buckles on SA and Party belts are expected to have the RZM mark.

Here is mine (resting on e-stand), also with a Buntmetall buckle:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=374246

Have a nice evening,
                    Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X