GeneralAssaultMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this breast eagle look period applied?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this breast eagle look period applied?

Hi guys,
    Contemplating purchase of this HBT tunic but dealer is unsure whether or not bevo eagle is period applied or not. I know it is safest to assume reapplied but does anyone think it is period applied? Also, if I am correct M43 and M44 tunics had eagles sometimes sewn through the tunic lining so this can't always be a measure of originality. Many of the HBT tunics that I have seen have zig zig application would you agree? No I don't have a photo showing reverse.
    Thanks for any input.
    Attached Files

Get a picture of the back as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
      Get a picture of the back as well.
      Thanks. Considering who the dealer is getting another photo sent might take a few weeks but I will try.

Comment

That is the only way to be fairly sure. If someone is hesitant to send photos or that lazy I personally would not buy from them especially coupled with them not indicating if it is replaced or not. These are not that rare.

Comment

The eagle is authentic, however I see the outline of a M44 eagle? I even still see the holes left by the machine? I have doubts about the period application of the eagle. I would say the tunic has been played with.

Steve

Steve
          Attached Files

Comment

I see that too now and agree, it has been steamed. It is replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by airborne_steve View Post
              The eagle is authentic, however I see the outline of a M44 eagle? I even still see the holes left by the machine? I have doubts about the period application of the eagle. I would say the tunic has been played with.

Steve

Steve
              Good eye Steve! I think I will wait for a better example so that I will not have to upgrade in the future. Thanks guys.
              Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X