GD Guard Troups Jacket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
    An original Grossdeutschland guard dress tunic. This havs never been issued and has not had shoulder boards applied.

Bob Hritz

AAAAhhhhh, that's much better

Jan

Comment

The image is post #30 is obviously not the special GD waffenrock. That could prove to be a very interesting photo and may open up some interesting discussion.

Richard

Comment

The one in the photo is a GD waffenrock as far as what was actually worn by members. The one the Bob has is generally considered a prototype and if issued, was only done on a very small-scale. I think the only photos of these in wear are press release images.

Comment

Johnny,

I was just trying to keep the two type GD waffenrocks apart, as there seems to be a blending of the two into one subject. Maybe I'm wrong. I have seen a few of the prototype originals and some fake ones...which are rather interesting. I will try and dig up some photos of the fakes.

Richard

Comment

I believe this was offered as an original EM...but I sure don't recall where.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Richard P; 09-05-2009, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Here is one that was offered as a FAKE, at a reasonable price. Someone went to a lot of work and still didn't come close.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Richard P; 09-05-2009, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Cuff detail of the fake.
                Attached Files

Comment

An original NCO's cuff detail for comparison.
                  Attached Files

Comment

An original officers cuff detail for comparison.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here is a nice custom tailored GD general's cuff title for comparison to the officers cuff title for the special waffenrock.
                      Attached Files

Comment

That last CT looks pretty odd to me. I do not know a lot about CTs but the overall lower than normal quality and sloppy lettering detail (especially the "ß" and its angle) is surprising if that is what it really is.

Comment

The CT is actually very high quality...my camera takes horrible close-ups and makes the lettering look off by being out of focus in combination with the flash. Maybe a daylight photo would work.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X