Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to restore??

Hello all!

I bought this DAK tunic from Estand and now I want to hear your opinion how I restore this tunic.

Here is pictures from the tunic:

Comment

Hi,

you might need to buy:

-slip on leutnant shoulder boards (salty/faded)
      -embroidered edelweiss arm patch (salty/faded)
      -officer litzen (salty/faded)
      -officer breast eagle (salty/faded)

I can't see what is missing from the left arm.

Comment

The left sleeve looks like it had a Gefreiter's badge at one time. Also, the shadow of the collar Litzen looks narrower than that of an officer's IMO. I would consider restoring as a Gefreiter or Obergefreiter using insignia that matches the wear and fading.

Paul

Comment

I would agree to go with the gefreiter or obergefreiter rank. Medal choice is ok as in the pics or maybe EKI and Inf badge. Nice tunic to restore to it's original glory

Comment

Thank you all for answers!!

I have been thinking to restore it as gefreiter or obergefreiter.

But if you restore it as an officer it is cheaper!!
            Then you can use "normal" officers slip-on shoulder boards, collar tabs and officer breast eagle.
            Or am I totally wrong

Comment

DAK tunic ?

Comment

What kind of tunic is this? For shure not an afrika tunic!
                The eagle is much to high for DAK, also it's not one of the 3 types!

Of course it is not an standard tunic, maby something private tailored outstanding.
                On the left arm there could be an jäger/gebirgsjäger sleeve patch?

Cheers,
                steiner99

Comment

Can post pictures of the inside and lining. Are there any stamps or numbers written with pen?

Comment

Looks like an EM's summer lightweight tunic NOT DAK related. Also, though cheaper, a promotion to an officer is really not the best rout on this one. I would keep this as a gefreiter/ob.gefreiter. As stated, you will also need a Jaeger or GJ patch on the right sleeve.

Comment

Originally posted by JPhilip View Post
                      DAK tunic ?
                      To stimulate the World economy we are expanding the use of the term "DAK tunics" to any tunic worn by someone who has eaten DAK meat products.

This type of lightweight tunic is typical for southern Russia and other areas etc.

We need to see the interior to figure out more. I also would not restore it as an officers tunic. EM/NCO is much more challenging but also more rewarding in the end and with this tunic, "the right thing to do".

Was the insingia only glued on there or sewn as well? Glued would be bad. There were a bunch of tunics like this made for movies in the sixties that were sunfaded with chemicals and had plain collars etc. I am not saying this is one but they looked identical to this. The movie "Desert Fox" demanded 100s of subleached tunics.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Johnny R; 08-25-2009, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                        There were a bunch of tunics like this made for movies in the sixties that were sunfaded with chemicals and had plain collars etc. I am not saying this is one but they looked identical to this. The movie "Desert Fox" demanded 100s of subleached tunics.
                        In such a case, I hope they've marked their tunics with "studio ***", "*** films" or something like that.

Comment

no chest darts? mmm...

Comment

Does anyone else remember that guy? He used to show up at shows in the mid-70s and had hundreds of tunics on racks from movies like Desert Fox and Eagles Dare etc.

Comment

Thank you for replies!!

I'll take more pictures from inside.

There is only round stamp where is date 1941. And something typed.
                              I think it is french made????

I have studiet it and I assume that it more like lightweight tunic what they used in southern Russia.

So I if it was use in southern Russia, can I but "normal" GJ gefreiter's insignia on the tunic???
                              Or do they use brown/khaki insignia in these lightweight tunics, like DAK?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X