Afrika Cuff & Shoulder board review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afrika Cuff & Shoulder board review

First a little background story. This morning I went to my local flea market and found these pieces. The guy knew absolutely nothing about military so didn't know what this stuff was or it's worth. This story is heartbreaking. His grandfather (WWII vet) died about 7 years ago. The grandmother moves to a nursing home and the family convinces her to rent the house out..... Without EVER going through the attic. Long story short, some drug addicts move in and discover this basic treasure trove in the attic. This guy had everything I guess, rifles, uniforms, daggars bayo's. EVERYTHING. They sell it for drug money. When it came down to it I think they fessed up to selling it for like $200. These two pieces, 1936 mein kampf some photo's and the capture papers were the only things left behind. The guy doesn't want to sell the book and the capture papers.

There were like 5 sets of capture papers.. K98, luger just all sorts of stuff.... ALL GONE FOR SOME DRUG MONEY!!!!

The guy showed me some photo's of the soldier looked like a real decent man... Too bad something like that had to happen to his family... But they really shouldn't have rented a house out without looking through it.

For review an Afrika cuff title.. I know it is a little dirty.. And what I beleive is a sergeant first class(?) shoulder board.... Only one shoulder board...

What would the value be for these peices?

Ah the worst question to ask. Well its worth what the market is willing to bare and that ain't been a whole lot as of late. Typically in my experience these Afrika cuff titles trade hands between collectors for around 250-350 depending on how bad you want one and how minty. They go go for 500-600 for the Afrika cuff titles on dealers sites, board wise I guess usually around 15-20 for a single or less. JMHO. Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X