Emblems - Comments Please !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emblems - Comments Please !

I replied to a add from the family of a deceased fellow, I picked up 3 boxes of German WWII books and a bunch of metals and emblems etc for very little (they set the price not me).

His gun collection (which included Lugers) was already farmed out ;o(

Given his book collection he appeared to be a advanced collector so I suspect that these items are good...... that said I need help determining rarity and value !

The cloth eagle was mounted on a board so I am not sure if he cut the black cloth out as not to harm it (for mounting) or if that is original, I peeled it back for photo..... please advise !

Newby,
    Unfortunately, the only original is the Army Cap eagle (lower right- one with 2 of 3 prongs intact)....the rest are poor fakes!!!! the Army is very common, would be worth $12.00 to $20.00.

The rest are junk with no real value....though they'd probably bring $5.00 or $10.00 for the metal ones and a couple bucks for the cloth one.

Hopefully these were very cheap....but you need to spend some time looking over original stuff before spending your hard earned cash....these should never have fooled you as they are terrible fakes....spend time looking over past threads here on the forum.....the pictures can at least keep you from making this mistake again....and buy some good referance books....they will save you alot of money in the long run!

Don't mean to sound critical....we've all made the same type mistakes...but learn from them.
    John G.

Comment

John,

Thanks for the info, I never researched any of the stuff (before I bought) as I only paid $140.OO for the whole lot...... the rest is coming in as good so I am ahead of the game :o)

As a learning exercise can you point out the flaws, or what to look for ?

Thanks Again

Jay

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X