Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

greatcoat help wanted

Hi to all here.

Im just starting in uniforms and i could use a little help whit this.

I have found this greatcoat but i am not sure for its use and if its original.

There is a makersmark stamp inside of the coat.
    Inside of the coat is also a cap.
    Every buton is markt and present.
    The coat has got four pokets two on the breast and two on the hips.

Could someone tell me if its ok or not for what these coats where made for.
    I will post some pics

Please forgive my broken englisch.

Thanks to all in advance
    regards david dp.

Hello
    What you have here is a sur-coat/guard coat with the larger collar , commonly called M42 model . The extra hood , was there so it could be worn over the helmet . Later on the war , these were issued in greater # to fill the void with the winter reversible outfits .
    Looks to be a nice looking one too , it does have the full maker name , which was unusual around that date . Typical lining .
    Regards
    P-Y

Comment

totally agree with Pierre. you have a very nice sur coat there. I have a hoodie myself. I think theyre quite cool. good for you. Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Barbaritz View Post
        totally agree with Pierre. you have a very nice sur coat there. I have a hoodie myself. I think theyre quite cool. good for you. Glenn
        Hello Glenn
        To top it all , your favorite year
        Regards
        P-Y

Comment

I don't want to teach anyone a lesson, but based on research I did for my book, it is my believe that this is the Modell 43 Tuchmantel, not the former Modell 42. The 43 is characterised by the vertical slash-trough pockets, the hemmed edge, full-internal lining made from Reisswolle, and large collar.

Nice coat, and nicely marked. It was a near identical example that got me interested in the RBNr's.

Kind regards,
          Vincent S.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent S. View Post
            I don't want to teach anyone a lesson, but based on research I did for my book, it is my believe that this is the Modell 43 Tuchmantel, not the former Modell 42. The 43 is characterised by the vertical slash-trough pockets, the hemmed edge, full-internal lining made from Reisswolle, and large collar.

Nice coat, and nicely marked. It was a near identical example that got me interested in the RBNr's.

Kind regards,
            Vincent S.
            Hello
            How do you explain 42 dated exist ( I have one ) ? if it is a mod 43 ! ( which date I have also) .
            The first mod I have owned and seen , was a Mod 35 .
            Regards
            P-Y

Comment

Because, even though 42-dated examples are known to exist (such as yours), the mass-prodcution of these only started in Feb. 1943. Previous models stayed in production till the end of the war though.

Nontheless, and I keep telling this, one ought not to get to focussed on that nomenclature, as the Germans hardly used such indications.
              Sure, names as the Felduniform 44 and Schlupfjacke 36 are originals and can be traced back to the order of institution, but many other garments never recieved such official name, incorporating the year of introduction.

I'm sorry that my previoys post may have been confusing.

Would it be possible to see the 42-dated example you own? It would only be the third I've seen.

Best regards,
              Vincent S.

Comment

Nu ben ik ook benieuwd !
                Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

Originally posted by werner p. View Post
                  Nu ben ik ook benieuwd !
                  Yes.... what he said!

Comment

Hi to all.

I would like to thank all of you for the swift reply's that i've got.

Now i know for sure that it was a good investment of my money.
                    And i learnt the correct name for this coat.

I have only one question more about this tuchmantel.
                    As my main interest is german cavalry i would like to know could i use this tuchmantel for it?

I saw a photograph of a german cavalry soldier standing on guard in winter time whit a coat like this one.

Or is this not the correct type that i need ?
                    I cant see on the photograhp if this is the exat typ of coat because the details are not so good there.
                    All i can see is that he is wearing a long coat whit a hood over his head.

So if its possible that someone know for sure please let me know.

Whit regards david dp.

Comment

Hi David,

The coat you saw in the picture was probably an Übermantel, a surcoat. Nontheless, coats as yours were used for guard duty. Your example is in real nice condition and would look good on a display for a Kavallerie recruit.

Best Regards,
                      Vincent S.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X