Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wh artillery oberleutnant tunic

Hi there,

A good friend of mine is offering me this nice private purchase artillery officer tunic, I'd like to hear your expert opinions on it, period applied insignia?
    Thanks in advance,

Doc

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

A very beautifull tunic! Everything, as far as I can see, is period applied. If you like it than go for it. How much does he want for it?

Jan

Comment

Very nice tunic, seems to be absolut untouched!
                Is it named?

Comment

Hi Jan and Steiner, the owner is asking me 850 for the tunic, as far as I can know, it's not named.

Comment

Snap it up, that looks really nice. You don't see so many junior officer tunics looking so good

J T

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_panzerjager View Post
                      Hi Jan and Steiner, the owner is asking me 850 for the tunic, as far as I can know, it's not named.
                      I suppose that is Euro. That's a good and honest price.

Jan

Comment

I suppose that is Euro. That's a good and honest price.

Jan
                        Yes sir, We're talkin' about euros, more concretely 900 euro including a officer belt.

Comment

It's Jan, not Sir.... I also count in Euro's as I'm from Belgium. Very nice price. As said if you like it, do it.

Jan

Comment

It is a nice probably foreign tailor-made tunic made. It looks like there is some gray thread under the right wing of the eagle that matches the same thread used to hand sew the tabs on. Look under the collar and see if there is evidence of machine sewing.

Even if the insignia were replaced, IMO that is a fair price, the padded tunics like this to me are more interesting and I have examples with padded shoulders like this from many countries, Holland, Austria, Hungary, Romania and French. For some reason it was not done very often or was not popular in Germany. The dagger suspension set up is nice too, another indication it probably is non-German.

Comment

Not sure if the insignia is period sewn or not. So hard to tell from these photos. Regardless, I like this tunic.

I had also noticed that interesting dagger setup. I like how it is attached to the interior belt for more secure suspension. Interesting simple button closure as well.

Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X