demjanskbattlefield

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Officer or Other ranks Luftwaffe Eagles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officer or Other ranks Luftwaffe Eagles.

Ok folks this post my kick up a bit of a storm but am I the only person who prefers other rank Luftwaffe eagles compared to the officer type? To me the other ranks eagles show far greater detail and are of a better design. In fact I think I can safely say that IMO officers eagles are rubbish.

The following thread http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ftwaffe+eagles

Has some beautiful OR eagles but the Officers ones......ummm not my cup of tea.

Over to you

That's just how you see it..

Yes, the lower rank eagles are very detailed, they're good looking ..

The hand-made bullion officers eagles are sometimes "rubbish" as you call them, I agree, some are rather ugly, especially the later war.., however, I've seen super delicate eagles, plain art, detailed, almost like a rolex..
    Especially the very early examples are very nice.
    The hand of the maker ..

Jos.

Comment

Jos I think my problem is, the fact that most Officer eagles tend to stitched in a bullion thread that seems too big, to obtain the fine detail of the other ranks eagles. However if there is anyone out there who has a very fine Officers eagle to show me, then I may change my mind.

Comment

Ofcourse it's personal taste, but the makers were real artists ..

Here're 2 I've which I like a lot..

Jos.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's a general's eagle I saw somewhere..

Beautiful creation..

Jos.
          Attached Files

Comment

Now I will admit that the Generals eagle is stunning, but I am not too keen on the other two officers that you posted. I think its the lack of details in the wings, feet and beak that put me off.

Comment

Originally posted by David Fettes View Post
              Now I will admit that the Generals eagle is stunning, but I am not too keen on the other two officers that you posted. I think its the lack of details in the wings, feet and beak that put me off.
              Then you should stick to NCO stuff.., wool and bevo eagles.

I thought the same at the start, but later I saw the beauty of well made bullion..

You can't compare them to NCO stuff, they're 2 different worlds and both have their own beauty.

Jos.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jos Le Conté;3425193] but later I saw the beauty of well made bullion..
                /QUOTE]

Hi Jos,
                thats my point in a nut shell, well made bullion. There seems to be nearly always something within an officers eagle that lets it down. Like I said that Generals eagle is just stunning and if only the standard officers eagles were like that but in silver. I dont really understand how some eagles are so misshappen especially when you see beautiful bullion luft and SS collar tabs and SS cuff titles.

Anybody else out there with any thoughts on this subject as at the moment it looks like just myself and Jos having a tiff!

David

Lets see some well made bullion eagles to change my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Jos Le Conté View Post
                  Ofcourse it's personal taste, but the makers were real artists ..

Here're 2 I've which I like a lot..

Jos.

Seeing the second one with its twisted legs and the parrot beak, I admit that I understand David's opinion ...

Sorry, Jos. It's really only a matter of taste.

Take the bullion ones in the hand and examine them carefully. They can be really beauties and handcrafted masterpieces.

The General's eagle is a sensation.

Comment

Jos, all those eagles are totally stunning in my book. The general was amazing

I like bullion eagles a lot more than the NCO:s. I love bullion stuff like a minor loves gold Some of them might lack detail compared to a wool or bevo but the material is so much nicer.

Comment

My officer eagles:

I like especially the second one. Both are three-dimensional.

Have a nice day,
                      Steve

Comment

2nd one is great .., I both like them .., sorry..

Jos.

Comment

Originally posted by RamJet View Post
                          My officer eagles:

I like especially the second one. Both are three-dimensional.

Have a nice day,
                          Steve
                          Great looking eagles. You´re right, the second one is one of a kind

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X