Coast Admiral Jacket! Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
    Hello, the base tunic is a Heer model, with the hole inside for the dagger strap, but this is not rare, only that is not the KM tunic model. I agree that the eagle and the collar tabs and shoulders not match, and the collar tabs look very big for me. I don't like the hand stitching of the collar tabs, in a general rank tunic usually these were machine swen. Probably not for me.

Here you have a link to a thread where you can see the one that is in Ambleteuse Museum and mine.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=58918&page=7

I hope this helps.

Hello,

but the effekts are late war cellon, so not like you early model. And did the KM have diffrend jackets without dagger strap?? I dont think so, but this is only my opinion. Thanks

Comment

Hi, the KM feldgrau tunics are different to the Heer because the lower pockets are inside pockets and not patch as in the Heer ones, you can see this in my Admiral tunic. Anyway many tailored KM officer tunics were of the Heer model so no problem with this. The dagger straps in the KM are different, and were used with and interor belt with two rings, so the inside hole in the pocket wasn't used for the dagger, but is not rare to find it on private purchase tunics.

About the badges I know that are in celleon, but the size of the collar tabs looks a little big/long for me, but I'm not an expert on General tabs.

As I told before probably not for me, the feldgrau Admiral tunic is one of the rarest that you can find, and I'm not 100% confortable with this one.
      Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
        Hi, the KM feldgrau tunics are different to the Heer because the lower pockets are inside pockets and not patch as in the Heer ones, you can see this in my Admiral tunic. Anyway many tailored KM officer tunics were of the Heer model so no problem with this. The dagger straps in the KM are different, and were used with and interor belt with two rings, so the inside hole in the pocket wasn't used for the dagger, but is not rare to find it on private purchase tunics.

About the badges I know that are in celleon, but the size of the collar tabs looks a little big/long for me, but I'm not an expert on General tabs.

As I told before probably not for me, the feldgrau Admiral tunic is one of the rarest that you can find, and I'm not 100% confortable with this one.

Hi,

thats the problem i am also not sure, but the jacket comes from a very old and good friend of mine, and he ownes the jacket under garantie now for 40 years. So this was the only point why i like to know it sure whats going on with this tunic. When i look to the effekts all look that they are on for a very long time, now it will be fine when someone can say if they are original. The jacket is for sure original, this i can see. But thanks for your opinions, we will see what the other usere have to say. Cheers Chris

Comment

No insignia experts here?

Comment

Okay, I'll jump in. I don't consider myself one of the experts, but I do like high ranking insignia so I've looked at and owned a fair amount of it.

I don't see anything glaringly wrong with the insignia. The tabs match known originals, but then of course there are also repros that match this style. Same with the boards. The shade of blue backing can vary on these things but are supposed to be cornflower blue for the field gray/coastal artillery uniforms. KM admirals of course had dark blue underlay on their boards, yet wore cornflower blue lapel facings on their greatcoats. I assume there was some crossover in color as some of the tabs I've seen have been a more medium blue like these. In fact, if you study period photos of Admirals greatcoats you'll notice that the blue color of the lapels can vary quite a bit from a light shade to a darker shade of blue, so there evidently is some room for variation. I'm not sure it is an area you can assign a definite "textbook" criteria to. At any rate, I think it's something you'd want to examine in hand before making any commitments, as a lot of this stuff really requires a physical examination, especially these celleon pieces, and photography can often skew color and detail.

The breast eagle looks okay to me, just has some typical wear to it which always distorts the metallic threads. It was probably replaced post-war, but the majority of tunics out there share this characterisitc. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by GFM View Post
              Okay, I'll jump in. I don't consider myself one of the experts, but I do like high ranking insignia so I've looked at and owned a fair amount of it.

I don't see anything glaringly wrong with the insignia. The tabs match known originals, but then of course there are also repros that match this style. Same with the boards. The shade of blue backing can vary on these things but are supposed to be cornflower blue for the field gray/coastal artillery uniforms. KM admirals of course had dark blue underlay on their boards, yet wore cornflower blue lapel facings on their greatcoats. I assume there was some crossover in color as some of the tabs I've seen have been a more medium blue like these. In fact, if you study period photos of Admirals greatcoats you'll notice that the blue color of the lapels can vary quite a bit from a light shade to a darker shade of blue, so there evidently is some room for variation. I'm not sure it is an area you can assign a definite "textbook" criteria to. At any rate, I think it's something you'd want to examine in hand before making any commitments, as a lot of this stuff really requires a physical examination, especially these celleon pieces, and photography can often skew color and detail.

The breast eagle looks okay to me, just has some typical wear to it which always distorts the metallic threads. It was probably replaced post-war, but the majority of tunics out there share this characterisitc. Hope this helps.
              Hi,

thanks for your opinion. I look now a few days to the tunic, its real hard to say no :-) Maybe something else here have more to say :-)

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by chrisson007 View Post
                Hi,

thanks for your opinion. I look now a few days to the tunic, its real hard to say no :-) Maybe something else here have more to say :-)

Thanks again
                Hi again, and maybe some opinions to the value. Thanks

Comment

The eagle does not look worn or mismatched to me.... Simple oxidation IMO

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X