Kriegsmarine Matrose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine Matrose

So, I'm kind of confused about the Kriegsmarine uniforms.
    What would a sailor have worn on leave/a night out on shore in 1944?
    The standard "sailorshirt" with the collar and the knotted tie + the wool pants and a Schiffchen/Tellermütze?
    And what did they wear under their uniform, a white shirt?
    Thanks in advance!

Not even a link?

Comment

link

Originally posted by Schenk View Post
      Not even a link?
      Many books on the subject and you may already have found your answer but here's a useful link with info to get you started:
      http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/uniforme...e_uniforms.htm
      Regards,
      ---Norm

Comment

I asked my uboat vet what he worn on leave and he said he wore his blue navy rig. He wore the navy blue midi with collar and black silk. For trousers he wore the flap front blue wool trousers. Head gear was either his navy blue boardmützen or his navy blue matrozenmützen(donald duck cap). For footwear he wore either low km ankle boots or shoes. Under the midi he said he wore a white shirt like the sport shirt but without the large eagle on the front. If it was cold he wore the navy blue peacoat over the midi. He said he had 2 navy rigs one was issue and his other one was a private purchase one which was made of a finer material than the issue one

Comment

Thank you for the link, I remember seeing it before, but that was before I started searching around.
          And Pzrwest, that's some fine info you got there, very usefull. Give my respects to the veteran you spoke to.

Just one more thing I'm wondering about: What goes in the 2 holes of the blue Hemd?

Comment

What 2 holes are you talking about? Can you post a picture?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X