Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leather Jacket Panzer or KM?

Hello,

i get this one few days ago. I never owned one bevorso maybe you can tell me if its KM or Panzer? My opinion is original, but i say tanks to all how say something to it.
    Attached Files

pic2
    Attached Files

Comment

pic3
      Attached Files

Comment

pic4
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello

In my opinion it is a normal KM jacket with replaced buttons. The same type of jackets were used by some panzer crews during and after the normandy battle. It could be that there is a KM stamp, stamped in the leather on the front of jacket. you just have to search for it

regards Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin L View Post
            Hello

In my opinion it is a normal KM jacket with replaced buttons. The same type of jackets were used by some panzer crews during and after the normandy battle. It could be that there is a KM stamp, stamped in the leather on the front of jacket. you just have to search for it

regards Erwin

Hello,

i search very carfully for stamps but nothing. I saw the same jacket last week in a belgium WW2 museum, enclosed the pics.Because i seen there the jacket i buy this one.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hallo!
              This kind of jacket was made for Kriegsmarine sailors, available in black, gray, brown dye leather... Was used by the panzer crew mostly in normandy, as stated by the lots of pics available. The lining is remplaced, the original is made in black (sometime grey) wool. If still keep the wind-stop cuff, you can see the type of wool was used for made also the rest of liner.

Hope this help.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello,

This is KM jacket but was also used by the 12th SS panzerdivision Hitlerjugend during their instruction in 1943 and 1944 during the battle of Normandy and the battle of the bulge.

Comment

According to the best documented accounts that I have read these leather sets were sent to the Italian Navy from the Germans and placed into storage. From these stores they were captured by the Germans (after Italy ended alliance with the Germans in late 1943) and were re-issued to and by the W-SS.
                  Primarily used by the 1st and 12th SS Pz div., but they also found their way into some other W-SS units.

I think that the above re-cap pretty accurate and widely agreed upon.

The questions that seemed to be often dodged on these are:

1. Did the sets sent to Italy come from the KM or from the manufacturers and were they KM marked (most likely if they came from the KM, but not so much if diverted from a level or source "above" the KM depots).

2. At what level were the buttons changed and indeed did these start with KM logo buttons when sent to the Italian Navy? It is also well documented in W-SS photos that these jackets were worn with several different types of buttons...at least 3 different types!

As to the jacket in the photo: I have never seen this material lining used in a German KM leather jacket of this type (I have only seen the wool blanket material used) and also the buttons seem to be anchored or backed with a very well applied (factory?) arrangement....almost look riveted on.

I like the looks of this jacket, but I can not say if it was one of those issued to the SS PZ in 1944 or not.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X