Holland Battle Souvenir "Feldgendarmerie" Police Gorget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holland Battle Souvenir "Feldgendarmerie" Police Gorget

Holland Battlefield Souvenir "Feldgendarmerie" Police Gorget liberated by a 101st Airborne soldier from a German...a bit rough and unmarked...Given by the 101st veteran to a collector about 15 years ago.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ed Hicks; 07-19-2009, 04:24 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

...a bit rough?

Interesting to see it but whew!... assuming the vet did not use it as a windchime on his porch following the war, what did this collector do to it to account for it's present condition?

Comment

A battlefield pickup...in this condition when found and likely just oxidized more over the years.

Comment

OK, I'm with the program now. From your wording I thought you meant during the war, and liberated from a captured German soldier. Still a very nice find as relic condition pieces go Ed. Thanks for posting it.
                Last edited by Will Brown; 07-19-2009, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I like it

Comment

Like many items, perhaps this one became a toy of the vet's son and spent a lot of time in the back yard? I agree... despite the condition, it is a great piece!

Comment

Great piece for sure, love the call about the wind chime. Im surprised the backing didnt suffer, it is usually the first thing to start to deteriate and age. Regards Johnno.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X