No announcement yet.

Luftwaffe flight piped 4 pocket tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jos, I am not sure what you are referring to. Here are a couple of better images. I see that the tresse does not follow the shape of the collar perfectly, however I see no evidence of any resewing of the tresse. The machine sewn lines I think you were referring to are the sewing of the actual collar. Hopefully these pictures will show better. thanks to those who have posted so far.
    best wishes,
    jeff
    Attached Files
    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

the other side
      Attached Files

Comment

If the tresse were to follow the collar in the angle that Jos pointed out the tresse would no longer fit nicely around the tabs.
        best wishes,
        jeff

Comment

Discover something ?

Jos.
          Attached Files

Comment

I see evidence that the tabs have been replaced or resewn, this I have always known. There is no one that would expect it to leave the factory like this. My question is that is this type of sewing possible to have been done wartime after a promotion or is this far more typical of postwar work. Also, I would expect that a postwar replacement of insignia would usually include the breast eagle, since that was the piece most likely to be removed. I can find nothing to suggest that the breast eagle is not original to the tunic. I guess there is no way to know for sure.
            thanks,
            jeff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X