Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutsche Wehrmacht Cuff title

Hi Friends,
    i have noticed the presence a higher number of this cufftitle in every commercial web site or estand. Some years ago, if i remember well, i hadn't seen any of these around. How do you explain it? Are these really original made or a modern copy considering its low prize?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Its not a cufftitle (as the thread title suggests...) its an armband (brassard).
      Its a text book original example with nice issuance stamp.
      These armbands also came in machine printed and even crudely (ink) hand stenciled varieties...
      The latter 2 styles can be very risky and easy to fake, so not worth much!
      This embroidered one is fine!
      Last edited by NickG; 07-15-2009, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Ditto!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ciavaglia View Post
          Hi Friends,
          i have noticed the presence a higher number of this cufftitle in every commercial web site or estand. Some years ago, if i remember well, i hadn't seen any of these around. How do you explain it? Are these really original made or a modern copy considering its low prize?
          I've gotten a lot of these from vets over the last 40 years, very common, at least in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by nutmeg View Post
            I've gotten a lot of these from vets over the last 40 years, very common, at least in the US.

Yeah they are all over the place...popular bring-back item...not rare but people get nervous seeing so many of these being offered,
            they think these are being faked because of ample supply!
            I have at least 8 of these in my collection (for various mannequin impressions)

Comment

Did these also come in white?

Comment

Originally posted by CCN View Post
                Did these also come in white?
                No not like this...more text!
                The white ones were intended for foreigners (non combatant auxiliary troops) in Armed Forced service and the armband read: "Im dienst Der Deutschen Wehrmacht"

A "Deutsche Wehrmacht" cuff title did exist, it was brown with white/gray lettering and intended for polizei troops (traffic cops basically) attached to WH armed forces...and later absorbed in the Heer as full fledged military police men in Heer uniforms.
                Last edited by NickG; 07-16-2009, 12:12 AM.

Comment

As stated, the pictured armband is an original. These are very common.

Comment

Can we speak of a cufftitle here ? An armband would be better and yes it's original

Jan

Comment

thanks for the answer NickG

Comment

Original arm band in great condition.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X