Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAD converted Wehrmacht drill tunic pics

Hi,
    Am looking for any pics of RAD men who were taken into the Heere that had altered thier drill tunics to Heere. I have one in grey that has the W.H. breast eagle and rank cheveron. From my reading there were a bunch of RAD taken in and were Pioneers but took a while to get thier WH uniforms so they altered thiers RAD ones. Would like for my display.
    Thanks

Originally posted by GaryC View Post
    Hi,
    Am looking for any pics of RAD men who were taken into the Heere that had altered thier drill tunics to Heere. I have one in grey that has the W.H. breast eagle and rank cheveron. From my reading there were a bunch of RAD taken in and were Pioneers but took a while to get thier WH uniforms so they altered thiers RAD ones. Would like for my display.
    Thanks
    interesting you say rad hbt work clothing. ive seen khaki jackets like the trad oatmeal or green ones used by the army and thought this may have been rad issue...what colour were rad hbt drill clothing....grey, brown...green...what?

thanks in advance.

Comment

Drill tunic

I believe both the WH and RAD were white to begin with. The RAD had six buttons and pocket flaps while the WH had five buttons and no flaps. Later WH were in Grey from what I found out. I think RAD were later in grey too.

I would like to post pics but I'm only a member.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryC View Post
        I believe both the WH and RAD were white to begin with. The RAD had six buttons and pocket flaps while the WH had five buttons and no flaps. Later WH were in Grey from what I found out. I think RAD were later in grey too.

I would like to post pics but I'm only a member.
        reed green rather than grey, i had thought. become a full member and post them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X