• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

km jacket for review

Hi. What are your opinions on this? Is it most likely uboot? Thank you

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=366663

Hi there!

The jacket as far as I can see is good in all its parts... A textbook example of a 3/4 KM leather jacket. Correct in the shape, material, lining and feature.

There's not difference between the stuff product by KM for sailor (only few items was built for U-boot crew porpose only), and this tipe of garment could be wear indistinctly by u-boot crew, panzerschiff, cargo, or in all types of Kriegsmarine ship!

Cheers!

Comment

Thanks Frank!

Comment

You wellcame!! No problem on this jacket!

Cheers!

Comment

Hallo!
          I have check out the pics again. The only thing that it could be have is the lack of sleeve straps with buttons for tight the sleeve. But remember that some coat didn't have never sewn... Another particolar that is not possible to see by the pics posted are the wool wind-stop cuff, inside the sleeve. Here, the same words... could be removed in wartime period by the same salor...

Anyway a good jacket w/out any important problem!!!

Cheers!

Comment

Indeed it lacks the cuff straps with buttons...who knows? maybe a manufacturer's variation cutting corners...
            The buttons are tropical (sand color) tunic buttons (lacking the rope pattern (//////)...smooth design)...
            The standard buttons on such deck coats are usually gray in color and slightly larger in size...
            Note large button hole slits which could accomodate larger buttons...(period replacements?)
            The pattern is correct for KM and the price is very reasonable...
            Regarding your other question;
            Use is not strictly limited to U-boot crews, could be any KM surface vessel including E-boots! (lots of ocean spray on those!)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NickG; 07-13-2009, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I appreciate it Nick

Comment

Hallo!

Nick is right... The buttons are not coming with the jacket, most probably from a tropical tunic, due the sand colour. But is quite normal found nowdays a jacket with remplaced buttons... About the size of those, I think that could be right. I have found long time ago an untouched jacket with metallic grey buttons, in the same size...

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by frank savage View Post
                  Hallo!

Nick is right... The buttons are not coming with the jacket, most probably from a tropical tunic, due the sand colour. But is quite normal found nowdays a jacket with remplaced buttons... About the size of those, I think that could be right. I have found long time ago an untouched jacket with metallic grey buttons, in the same size...

Cheers!
                  Agreed many coats were no doubt refurbished for civilian wear after the war and later restored back to KM look with proper anchor buttons...
                  who knows? but even in war time I guess they used whatever was available... but according to Angolia's KM book (vol.1)
                  various button sizes were dictated for various garments and such foul weather outer garments (overcoats) are supposed to have larger buttons than uniform jackets...
                  BUT I have a field gray wool KM greatcoat with factory applied tropical (sand color hollow) buttons...just like the leather coat that started this thread...
                  (instead of standard "coastal" Field Gray)

Here's another example (slightly larger NON HOLLOW gray button), image borrowed from Oakleaf site! (the tropical buttons are hollow btw)
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NickG; 07-15-2009, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Hi there!

I agree with you, NickG! Nothing wrong in your words!

Many copmpliments to your KM mannequin. Very nice jacket and beautyful schirmmutze!

Cheers!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X