Nice early weimar army uniform 500.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice early weimar army uniform 500.00

Nice weimar army uniform in very nice shape, i beieve it had a eagle on it at one time.The jacket is in very nice shape, its the highest quality.500 takes it.Buyer pays shipping.
    Attached Files

more views

more views
    Attached Files

Comment

more shots

more shots.
      Attached Files

Comment

different views

shoulder boards, nice infanty boards.
        Attached Files

Comment

the back

the back.
          Attached Files

Comment

the liner

the liner
            Attached Files

Comment

To me it's look converted parade jacket to WHW, with replaced collar made of holland wool

Comment

Are there any stamps to the interior? I too believe it is a Waffenrock conversion with the waist seam.

Don

Comment

yes this tunic is ready for a second life in the field.. new collar..shoulder board attachments..piping removed.. Billbert

Comment

I would tend to agree with the above statements, though it would be interesting to have a closer look at where the piping down the front and on the tail flaps may have been removed, and see if alteration is evident. The thing that sticks in my mind about this is that the collar litzen look longer than that encountered in Third Reich em uniforms, and does give it an "older" look. What do the rest of you think?

Steve
                    ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

I agree about the longer litzen..I noticed it and promptly FORGOT !! Grossdeutschland patttern??

Comment

cant find any markings inside

ill add new pics tomorrow morning.
                        Thanks

Comment

There is a picture of a soldier wearing a very similar tunic in Brian L. Davis' book German Army Uniforms and Insignia 1933-1945 (First English edition, 1972) on page 93, chapter 3, first page. (I don't know if the pagination differs in subsequent editions.) There is a photo of a group of soldiers returning from training, with transitional helmets and different styles of tunics. The fellow third from left, carrying his helmet with left hand raised is wearing a pocketless tunic with silver colored buttons.

As for the tunic in this post, I would want to look closely at the collar and cuff wool. Are they the same as the rest of the tunic? If not, then it's obviously a converted parade tunic.

As for the lining material made of that slick looking rayon material. Was that stuff even being used in the early 1930s in enlisted tunics? Not to my knowledge, but then I certainly don't know everything. The lack of any markings is odd, in that even if the tunic started out life as a parade tunic, the wool looks like it was an issue one, and hence should have markings, right?

Hmmm, most interesting....and I look forward to seeing more pictures.

Steve
                          ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

Comment

The tunic is tiny, look at the size of the collar to the collar liner buttons and the bricks. This makes the Litzen look longer, it is a modified waffenrock, you can see the issue stamps on the lining interior.

Comment

Ok, now I see the issue markings. I didn't see those before.

The collar is about 16" long, so not particularly small.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X