NEBELWERFER (Smoke Troop) Boards and Tabs Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEBELWERFER (Smoke Troop) Boards and Tabs Opinion

I have an opportunity to purchase a set of Nebel boards & tabs and a breast eagle. In reviewing various old threads via the search engine I am satisfied that the eagle is original and unissued. I have, however, some concerns on the boards and tabs being original.

If you would, please provide me your assessment on these items. If more photos are needed I will provide them tomorrow. THANKS!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

shoulder boards - front
      Attached Files

Comment

SB - reverse
        Attached Files

Comment

tabs - front
          Attached Files

Comment

tabs - reverse
            Attached Files

Comment

IMO the tabs are new. The only original Nebel pair I have ever seen was field gray and was the normal size and shape of panzer tabs with regular litzen like artillery. These almost look like SS rank tabs cut-down to an inncorrect size. Is that Elmers glue all over the back of them?

Comment

I agree these should be sturmgeschutz style collar tabs with regular litzen and edge branch piping...not this panzer style with skulls (panzer waffe).
                But if its considered a period variant I've learned something new, but it does not look promising to me!
                The Lt boards would have a chance but if these came with the suspect tabs that makes the entire lot suspect..
                Run and don't look back is my recommendation!!

This period image shows green wrappers (with litzen on collar I would imagine) even for the motorized werfers!
                (as opposed to black pzr skull tabs...with black wrappers??)
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NickG; 06-30-2009, 05:19 PM.

Comment

The Pruett Edwards book mentions two known original single examples in black with skulls and also the kind I have seen like the Artillery tabs . You may want to email Bob. I personally do not think the ones you posted are real, looks like someone got real boards and an unused Eagle to juice up the tabs for a big buck sale. How much are they asking just for fun? If these were real I would guess 3-4 K USD maybe more.

Comment

OK I've learned something new...but this Pzr style was definitely NOT the norm for werfer personnel.
                    The problem with these books that show exotic pieces (out of the ordinary) it gives the fakers ideas
                    and they come up with these creations which they want to sell for a lot lof money and people get burned...
                    Additionally books end up getting published with fake material as well... but I'm conficent Pruett Edwards book is flawless (I don't have it...)
                    The official Nebelwerfer branch clothing included a special HBT protective suit with blank collars (no collar insignia) only a breast eagle.
                    Last edited by NickG; 06-30-2009, 05:27 PM.

Comment

In keeping with the spirit of ratting out dirt bag crook sellers as is being done in the SS Labcoat Thread, I ask that you identify the individual trying to push this s...

You'd be doing us all a favor and would feel good about yourself in the morning

Bob

Comment

Collar tabs are bad,IMO... The boards seem OK but not 100% convinced.

Glenn
                        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

I'd have to see a better pic, but the base material of the boards from what I'm seeing scares me.

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
                          Collar tabs are bad,IMO... The boards seem OK but not 100% convinced.

Glenn

Comment

The board tops look good I just do not really like the tongues. They did wear insignia on the HBT protective suits and I have seen photos with officers wearing regular collar tabs sewn on. There is a photo in the Emde Nebelwerfer book showing this on the top of page 60. As I noted I think these are repro SS rank tabs that have been cut down.

Comment

Greatly appreciate everyone's feedback. I initially felt the collar tabs were suspect when I held them in hand due to awkwardness in size and pristine condition they are in. I hadn't seen Nebel tabs with skulls previously so I thought I would inquire here. As for the shoulder boards, they look good but the tongue (like Johnny stated) was not typical of what I wanted to see. However, the construction of the obverse IMO is consistent with other boards of this type. Both tabs and boards pass UV tests.

In keeping with the spirit of ratting out dirt bag crook sellers as is being done in the SS Labcoat Thread, I ask that you identify the individual trying to push this s...
                              Bob,
                              I appreciate all your insightfulness and expertise and to a degree understand where you are coming from but we need to back down on the hair trigger. It was I who initiated the discussion with this collector; not the other way around. If not for my rooting around in one of his boxes and my persistence, we wouldn't even be discussing the items. He said he received these most likely in a trade some time ago for one of his visors.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X