Gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gloves

The pair in the middle is unknown to me, anybody seen these before?
    Attached Files

That style is common to see also with a trigger finger.

Comment

Thanks for the information, but I don't think I've seen this kind before. Must have gone a hell of rabbits in germany during the war. Perhaps they had rabbits farms for the war department.

Comment

There were such rabit farms, one at each concentration camp. These Angora rabbits were to be looked after by ss-personel - and were in fact treated much better as most of the people locked up....

The gloves are the pre-1941 version, as it was ordered that from November 1941 onwards, these were to have separate index fingers.

More about this (-ofcourse-) in my book, Heer and Luftwaffe Winter Uniforms.

Take care,
        Vincent S.

Comment

http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/whi/...lean_type2=and

This should be of use for you Vincent in your research if you did not know about it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Well the british have a farm in Canada for black bears since they need to make new hats for the Quins guard, same for the danish I think.

Comment

Do you mean Her Majesty the Queen?

Comment

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
                Do you mean Her Majesty the Queen?
                Sure do.

Comment

Hi,

I already have that information. The album, presumably presented to Himmler- starter of this breeding program- is a very interesting piece.

Thanks nontheless for the heads up,

Kind regards,
                  Vincent S.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent S. View Post
                    The gloves are the pre-1941 version, as it was ordered that from November 1941 onwards, these were to have separate index fingers.
                    I've seen a few pairs of rabbit fur lined gloves like these, and have one in my collection, but all the ones I've encountered have been without index finger. Of course there are lots of wool-lined gloves with trigger finger, but I've yet to see fur-llined ones with trigger finger. Let's see some pictures of rabbit fur lined mittens with trigger finger!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X