Help on Luftwaffe Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on Luftwaffe Uniform

After seeing Jürg’s great display of a FJ at the Collection and Display forum I am serious considering making a display of LW RKT.

I was thinking of making a similar display of the RKT H.Paepcke. As I am no uniform man and I only have one crappy blurred picture I was hoping you could help me out.

Can you please give me some information on what kind of uniform H.Paepcke is wearing in the picture? As for the medals I can make out the EKII, EKI and of course the RK but is there one underneath the EKI?

The picture must have been taken between September 1940 and October 1941. When this picture was taken he was most probably Oberleutnant and Staffelkapitän of the 7. Staffel Kampfgeschwader 30.

I would welcome all the help and I can get.

Many Thanks,
    Pascal
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pascal; 11-22-2003, 11:31 AM.

uniform

Hello Pascal,
    It looks like he's wearing the standard officer's 4 pocket Luftwaffe tunic and straight trousers. The eagle is an early, downturned embroidered version. The badge under his EK I is a metal pilot's badge.
    It shouldn't be very difficult to find a similar tunic. The 4 pocket types are more common than the Fliegerblusen, for example.
    Erich

Originally posted by Pascal
    After seeing Jürg’s great display of a FJ at the Collection and Display forum I am serious considering making a display of LW RKT.

I was thinking of making a similar display of the RKT H.Paepcke. As I am no uniform man and I only have one crappy blurred picture I was hoping you could help me out.

Can you please give me some information on what kind of uniform H.Paepcke is wearing in the picture? As for the medals I can make out the EKII, EKI and of course the RK but is there one underneath the EKI?

The picture must have been taken between September 1940 and October 1941. When this picture was taken he was most probably Oberleutnant and Staffelkapitän of the 7. Staffel Kampfgeschwader 30.

I would welcome all the help and I can get.

Many Thanks,
    Pascal
    Festina lente!

Comment

Thank you Erich for your info on the uniform of H.Paepcke. You must have very sharp eyes to see the Pilot Badge on the picture.

Thanks again,
      Pascal

Comment

Luftwaffe glass button

You're welcome, Pascal!
        Erich
        Originally posted by Pascal
        Thank you Erich for your info on the uniform of H.Paepcke. You must have very sharp eyes to see the Pilot Badge on the picture.

Thanks again,
        Pascal
        Festina lente!

Comment

Paepcke's RK w/Oaks rested on this for a while!

Original loops for EKI, Ribbon Bar or Flight Clasp, Pilot Badge.

This Tuchrock with a pair of channel pants and boots is properly suited for combat and looks awesome!

Most likely that is exactly how Heinrich was outfitted in August, 1942.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Brian S; 11-25-2003, 11:07 AM.

Comment

The Tuchrock is much more rare as it was so early replaced by the Waffenrock. Obviously Heinrich enjoyed his Tuchrock and RK.

Tuch top, Waffen bottom;
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the info Brian. Exactly what I was looking. I knew if there was someone who would consider a similar display it had to be you.

Thanks again,
              Pascal

Comment

Of course, you and I are the Paepcke 'brothers'. Or you could trade me yours for an S&L or a Meybauer

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S
                  Of course, you and I are the Paepcke 'brothers'. Or you could trade me yours for an S&L or a Meybauer
                  I think I like it like it is... You and me being 'brothers' .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X