Retired Officers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retired Officers

I have two sets... one is for a Heer Medical Reserve Lt and the other is for a LW Signals officer. I find these especially rare and hard to find.
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Paul,

That is something you rarely see. When you do, it is usually on high ranking officers, at least that is my experience. I wonder how many uniforms were changed to combat officer insignia to be more desirable? Thanks for sharing,

Richard
      Last edited by Richard P; 05-23-2009, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks Richard,

I will post the LW set when I get them in. They were dirt cheap too. Does anyone else have any of these to show? Anyone seen any still attached to a uniform? I would think that most of these people ended up removing the loops and returning to active duty before the war ended...

Paul

Comment

Very nice pair Paul...shouldn't you be on a boat or something!?!

Gary B
          ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Thanks Gary! Yes... I leave next Sunday. I left a message on your work phone Friday.

Comment

Very cool insignia Paul, I agree that these are seldom seen.

Comment

Thanks Chris! I love these oddities. This is one of a few pieces of non LW insignia I have remaining.

Comment

Very nice, I have never seen these before. I love this site, but you are still a jarhead.

Comment

Thanks! I really like that set of insignia. I won it off of Ebay.de about three years ago for a song. People just dont like the non streamline stuff like I do!

Regarding the Jarhead statement... Damn skippy! Once a Marine ALWAYS a Marine!!

Comment

Great example Paul, and in my favorite color!

Regards

Jan
                      'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Does anyone else have any examples?

Comment

These type of board are very neat. I had posted this past weekend, boards from a Generals tunic, asking our fellow members as to what the tabs represented, and was informed about these representing "retired". My boards have one set of strips on each, as opposed to yours which have two strips, I wonder if anyone knows the significance of this??
                          Attached Files

Comment

Paul,

Very rare to see these retirement tresses on a Company Grade Officers shoulder boards. Neat acquisition.

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve and DKNYC71.

I posted them onto a German militaria forum( .de website) and I was just informed that the double tress stood for an officer who was on probationary/entry status? I cannot find this in writing, but it would make sense for such a junior officer on reserve status?

DKNYC71,

That tunic is freaking AWESOME! Is it named? I will have to find that thread.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X