Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

herman gorring white tunic

Before I buy it, is this authentic?
    Last edited by bugibbian; 11-26-2003, 04:54 AM.

Hi Bugibbian, the tunic is a reproduction item. The awards are also poor fakes. The owner / seller does not know much about WW2 German awards. Just look at the placement of the RK on the pocket flap Run away from this one!
    Cheers, Ade.

Comment

this is a east german police tunic issued to traffic cops with a bunch of junk
      hanging on it.

tony

Comment

Thanks for the info everybody.

Comment

Hi Bugibbian,
          noy meaning to sound rude or impertinant but do you have access to any references on German (Nazi) militaria ???????

If not i would suggest you accquire some rapidly !! for most even the pictures would prove this set up to be pure rubbish.

Just trying to help

Ashley

Comment

Originally posted by atcase
            Hi Bugibbian,
            noy meaning to sound rude or impertinant but do you have access to any references on German (Nazi) militaria ???????

If not i would suggest you accquire some rapidly !! for most even the pictures would prove this set up to be pure rubbish.

Just trying to help

Ashley
            Thanks for you comments Ashley and I'm sorry if I have wasted anybody's time. I do have reference books on the way.

Comment

No No, please do not get me wrong !!!! ,

I never meant it that way at all, i asked the question due to some of your recent topics, and belive it are not i have met collectors of some years who have never took the time out to purchase some reference material at all.

And as i have found out recently in the last few years for some areas of collecting a small `tool bag ` is required as well as the need to see, smell and handle as much known origional material as possible

Though we all hate to admitt it as you get older even the most taken for granted of senses (i.e. sight ) "aint as good as it uesd t` be" so along with the magnifying glass, a measuring tool and weighing tool, black light e.t.c. have become the tool kit for collectors.

Just my observations Bugibban and all forumites

Ashley

Comment

No problem at all Ashley. No offense taken. May I ask what would you say is essential for one's tool bag apart from good reference books? Maybe you can also suggest a must have book too. I hope to be able to build a good quality collection over the coming years.

The problem being here in Malta, is that WWII German items are a rare find. We were heavily attacked, but never conquered and only shot down planes and sunk boats managed to reach Malta. Most items are imported by collectors. To find the real things we have to travel, or else buy via the internet, which is rather risky.

Comment

Hi Bugibbian,

It all down to what you want to collect, not forgetting that reference books can be expensive (certainly here in the U.K.) Check out the book thread compiled on this forum some months ago.

As to where to by i.e. the internet, this forum has a good selection in the E- stand sub forums, as well as reputable dealers (some who are sponsors of the forum)

Of course as with your previous posts if you have good clear photos and are seeking advice befor purchasing then Post away !!

Comment

Since you posted a Luftwaffe tunic I am going to assume that is the area you are interested in. If that is the case, Angolia's Uniforms and Traditions of the Luftwaffe vol. 1 would be a good first reference.
                    AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X