No announcement yet.

Flakhelper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=432989 are the boots to go with it.

Comment

Flakhelper armband

John, I have an armband that is light blue with Black stitched lettering marked "Flakhelferin". I had never been sure as to its authenticity, but at last year's SOS saw that Houston Coates had an identical band in white that he assured me was authentic. Have you seen one of these? Do you know if this armband would be an accoutrement to your blouse?

Regards, Jerry

Comment

I am not really familiar with the countless armbands that circulated during the war. Most pics I have seen, the boys wore regular HJ armbands. Perhaps your's was intended for non-uniformed personnel or females? Someone on the forum knows.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Huff View Post
          Now if anyone knows where there is some matching trousers....
          There is a pair at ebay at the moment.

Comment

The Flakhelferin armbands are not real IMHO. In all my research I have never seen them in use. And all the ones I find at shows glow...

Comment

Thanks for the info, Mark!

Comment

I have seen these Flakhelferin armbands show up online and at shows in numerous colors (white, light blue, light gray, light yellow), but I have never seen a period picture of one being worn. That, along with the stitching on the eagle/sword being made using a modern-day technique would make me discount these as complete fantasy pieces. Chris

Comment

I may have bored you with this before, but...

A guy on my A Team in VN, a senior NCO and original manifest SF was a Flak helper.

He is Latvian and was pressed into service.

The Germans abandoned them one day and one guy tore the eagle off.

Tides of war shifted and the Germans returned that evening.

First order of business was to string up the miscreant.
                  MLP

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X