X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My God I´m Completly Confused!!

http://www.skalman.nu/third-reich/mi...flak-ofeld.htm

TAKE A LOOK ON THIS TUNIC!!

This tunic really looks like mine but ALL the patches in the image are RED and MY PATCHES IN THE TUNIC ARE YELLOW(the yellow is like the gold yellow,very very STRONG).
    My tunic have the tail feather´s of the LW eagle turned down (1st model i think...) just imagine the eagle´s tail with their feather´s turned down.

thanks

So what is your point? Don't tell me you really believe someone using photoshop to color your tunic...

ken

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Cross
      http://www.skalman.nu/third-reich/mi...flak-ofeld.htm

TAKE A LOOK ON THIS TUNIC!!

This tunic really looks like mine but ALL the patches in the image are RED and MY PATCHES IN THE TUNIC ARE YELLOW(the yellow is like the gold yellow,very very STRONG).
      My tunic have the tail feather´s of the LW eagle turned down (1st model i think...) just imagine the eagle´s tail with their feather´s turned down.

thanks
      Hello Iron Cross.

The color or waffenfarbe denotes the branch if service within a given area of the Wehrmacht (Armed Services). That is to say red denotes artillery in the Luftwaffe and Heer branches of the Wehrmacht. Golden Yellow denotes the personnel that work within the flying branch of the Luftwaffe. Golden Yellow in the Heer would denote Signal personal (oops... thanks for the correction Don.). It can be confusing as there are many colors and some are very close to others. I suggest that you find a couple of good uniform related books and study the waffenfarbe section of each brach of the Wehrmacht.

BTW the Waffen-SS follows a similar pattern of color for it's units as the Heer branch of the Wehrmacht. Also I don't believe that the Kreigsmarine uses a waffenfarbe piping on shoulder straps.

I should add that this is just my understanding of waffenfarbe and it's use.

All the best.
      Last edited by herrgeezer; 11-20-2003, 12:27 PM.

Comment

There's only one thing I can add to David's excellent commentary. Golden Yellow ("Goldgelb") in the Heer represents Cavalry/Reconnaissance troops. Lemon yellow ("Zitrongelb") represents signals/communications. Sounds like you have a nice LW flight tunic.

Don

Comment

Im sorry but its a bit of a worry when a collector buys something like a tunic,which could be a potential fake and not even understand waffenfarbe.

Good luck to you,you have more courage than me.

regards keifer

Comment

But still... color code for different branch, divisions, regiments(i.e. panzer 24th) is something very fundamental.

ken

Originally posted by keifer kahn
            Im sorry but its a bit of a worry when a collector buys something like a tunic,which could be a potential fake and not even understand waffenfarbe.

Good luck to you,you have more courage than me.

regards keifer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X