Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heer NCO's tunic made from a Plasch-Palatka.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer NCO's tunic made from a Plasch-Palatka.

Hi Guys, I thought that you might like to see a lightweight NCO's summer tunic from my collection? The material for this tunic started life as a Soviet "Plash-Palatka". (These can often be observed in wartime photos worn by Soviet soldiers rolled and worn horseshoe fashion over the shoulder.) This is the Russian equivalent of a Zeltbahn.
    This tunic is very well made, as can be seen from the pics. It is also tiny in size.

Cheers, Ade.
    Last edited by Adrian Stevenson; 09-29-2005, 05:15 PM.

Pic of the rear of the tunic. Note the old style of tunic back.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Adrian Stevenson; 09-29-2005, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Collar detail showing the white waffenfarbe litzen.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Adrian Stevenson; 09-29-2005, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Under side of collar
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Adrian Stevenson; 09-29-2005, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Collar reverse again showing stitching
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Adrian Stevenson; 09-29-2005, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Mid war style Bevo woven breast eagle neatly hand stitched in place.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Adrian Stevenson; 09-29-2005, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Pre war "Feldbluse" pattern shoulder straps. The NCO's tress is the bright silver type as it that on the tunic collar. These show evidence of once having numerials and / or letters. These might have been removed due to security measures, transfer to another unit or perhaps, most likely, due to promotion. I really like this pattern of shoulder strap. The tunic bears no makers marks, as one would expect for this kind of item.

That concludes all my pics of this item.

Cheers, Ade.
              Last edited by Adrian Stevenson; 09-29-2005, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Ade:
                There is a lot of photos that indicate this kind of uniform being somewhat popular with the NCOs in particular. The whole thing looks clean to me. Nice addition. "Pretty" collar tabs/litzen of the earlier style, too. Do you consider the breast eagle a replacement?
                CSP

sigpic

Comment

Extremely cool tunic, Ade! It has plenty of little "controversies" like the
                  early boards and midwar eagle. IMO a totally righteous fieldjacket. Does
                  this type of cloth vary much in color? Are the buttons held on by S-rings?

Comment

Hi Scott, the eagle is certainly original to the jacket as there is no evidence of colour fading around it or old stitch holes. I mentioned the hand stitching as I thought it was interesting that the rest of the jacket was machined stitched but the eagle was hand applied

Hi Brian, the buttons are all stitched on and are not the removeable "S" ring type. The cloth does vary in colour, as the re is some fading due to light. Checkout the sleeves on the first pic. Bad storage by a former owner I suspect?
                    Soviet "plasches" vary a fair bit in colour, as does all Soviet kit

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I personally do not have much problem with hand applied insignia...plenty of photographic evidence of it's existence. The early pointed straps are also nice.
                      CSP

sigpic

Comment

Hi Scott, I thought that I would shoot a pic of the stitching of the breast eagle from the tunic interior. I like hand done items too. Something about craftsmanship that is becoming lost in the modern world I guess?
                        I have owned the tunic for about ten years now. I had not looked at it in detail for years. After Brian's question I had another look at the buttons and found several different makers, non dated though, makers were "CTD", HD", "Extra Fein" and "GB".

Cheers, Ade.
                        Last edited by Adrian Stevenson; 09-29-2005, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Just found a pic of the tunic's interior that I forgot to add to this thread last night.

Cheers, Ade.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Adrian Stevenson; 09-29-2005, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Very nice Ade! I like it very much. It screams "Battle" hardened. Unique piece for sure!

Comment

Really nice jackeT!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X