• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any ideas on the medals?

Comment

Originally posted by leibregiment View Post
      any ideas on the medals?
      Look at the officers tunic in 12. The side mount loops could be for a golden party pin. If the loops and tunic are in the oriignal WWII configuration you are probably dealing with a mix of WWI sercie as an NCO or junior officer and party or civil long service medals. This is a TSD rig for a guy with WWI service as an infantry officer and long-term civil service- 1936 olympics.
      Attached Files

Comment

I agree with John. There is a good chance that this is indeed a Third Reich era woolen Zoll tunic (as there is no sign of Heer breast eagle stitiching and its not a RW tunic) which has been converted to represent Heer Admin with modified skirt pockets and for some reason French cuffs removed.

That other Verwaltungs tunic in the link BTW (post 8) is mine (in fine trikot wool) and was also a Zoll tunic in disguise (with Verwaltungs insignia added) and correctly re-restored back to Zoll.

What is typical voor Zoll is that they usually always had slip-on shoulderstraps (post 13 in this thread is an exception!!) Note that the tunic that started this thread also has slip-ons...Heer Admin)...
        Heer dress tunics with waffen farbe piping always have sew-in boards...not shown here... and no breast eagle, so no damage in that area... All indicators to me that it started life as a customs tunic...

Regardless, its a nice tunic and you can either restore it to Zoll (if there are no signs of a zoll cuff title, they did not always have cuff titles) or restore it like a Heer Admin, but that would mean adding a Heer breast eagle...which it never had... Its defininately not an earlier Reichswehr tunic. (I would choose the former).
        Last edited by NickG; 04-27-2009, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Thanks Guys....gives me some options....the search goes on

Comment

Having slept on it I had another look at the tunic and the slash pockets are under the the hip pockets, they are complete.....so what to do ..remove the top pockets and have slash....what will I have then?...help
            Attached Files
            Last edited by leibregiment; 04-27-2009, 11:29 AM.

Comment

All the changes I suspect were done period. It may be a TSD or HV tunic as it is. Who knows what was being recycled or used for support personel towards the end of the War. I personally would leave it alone or even more likely probably return it if I could and wait for a more straight-forward less confusing example.

Comment

Also I have found the outline of a cuff and a "dagger" slit going to the old slash pocket..
                Attached Files

Comment

cuff
                  Attached Files

Comment

JH.....No fun in that....and I will need a challange....what would it be with slash pockets ? are you still thinking Zoll?

Comment

Originally posted by leibregiment View Post
                      JH.....No fun in that....and I will need a challange....what would it be with slash pockets ? are you still thinking Zoll?

I suspect the pockets are orignal alterations from the War. IMO it would not be a good idea to remove those.

Based on what is there I suspect like Waffenrocks etc. it was a Zoll tunic that was recylcled for other use like the RH tunic I posted. I would not physically remove or alter anything.

Comment

I see you've already moved this topic over to the Polizei section seeking help with a Zoll restoration....and I agree!
                        If the tunic never had a Heer breast eagle to begin with it was not a left over Zoll tunic, war-time converted to Heer Admin use.
                        It is and always has been Zoll (with later added verwaltungs insignia).

I would also fix it back to Zoll (as I did mine) BUT leave the double pocket flaps alone, as that's a genuine period modification and could have been a personal preference alteration.
                        (such deeper pockets hold more stuff). Its cool, never seen that before.

Because the tunic is in wool you have some flexibility. It can be "ranked" both as Zoll officer or Zoll enlisted, does not matter.
                        Because the French cuffs are gone (or were never there?), the latter would be my choice of preference and the parts for "enlisted"
                        (lower pay grade official) are cheaper...
                        On the other hand it does have a dagger slit... but that does not necessarily limit it to Officer rank...
                        You can really go both ways here! Good luck with the restoration!
                        Last edited by NickG; 04-28-2009, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Mr Hodgson...I don't mind you keeping images of my tunics, but I do object to you givng the inference that they are your tunics in subsequent posts (nos. 12 and 13). Incidentally, the cloth in No. 12 is not Tricot but Doeskin.

Comment

Originally posted by wessel View Post
                            Mr Hodgson...I don't mind you keeping images of my tunics, but I do object to you givng the inference that they are your tunics in subsequent posts (nos. 12 and 13). Incidentally, the cloth in No. 12 is not Tricot but Doeskin.
                            Sorry for using your images. If you read my posts I certainly neither said nor infered they were mine but only identified what they are and described them.

I do own the RH tunic.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X