Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Camo Cloth Question

Hello Gents

I have a small question. Did the polish produced winter camo clothing before the beginning of the war? I'm speaking of the same type of cloth and cut like the germans used. The reason i ask this is because i recently sold my winter camo set on Ebay. The buyer now tells me that it is a polish pre war winter camo uniform. I'm convinced that there is nothing wrong with the uniform i sold. I never heard any story of polish pre war winter camo.

This set is in my opinion a honest german piece of wartime winter camo. I have no problem with taking it back if it is not original. Some people have seen this set on the forum

So i like to here opinions from other camo collectors instead of one opinion based on one person.

Regards Erwin
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Erwin L; 04-22-2009, 01:44 PM.

the back
    Attached Files

Comment

the stamp
      Attached Files

Comment

detail 1
        Attached Files

Comment

detail 2
          Attached Files

Comment

detail: correct material used by the germans.
            Attached Files

Comment

i jump to the pants. Same pair of pants as sold by the collectors guild

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Heer/photos/H026959.html
              Attached Files

Comment

detail..
                Attached Files

Comment

I never heard a story like that.
                  And I believe seriously that the german was the first to made and to used this kind of winter garment.
                  I have the same with factory paper tag label and with german stamp.

Comment

perhaps made in occupied Poland and occupied factories, but the pants, jacket and the fabric used, not to mention the construction details, appear quite textbook german. The identical fabric was used in making the SS one piece panzer winter combis. The white side of the kombis, and the pants themselves in this material, will often be box quilted, rather large. I would have no problem believing them to be anything but of german manufacture in the occupied east. I dont think this is comprable to the diamond quilted Luft winter uniforms which the Czechs did produce but which are quite different from their german counterparts. The collar is of course modified, but this was done as the white interior offered tempting targets to russian snipers and resulted in many deaths and horrific headwounds, the ending to the belt with the addition of the buckle is not standard, but appears modified, neither of these two would scare me off in the least, also look at the two dots over the last name in the manufacture, the german "umlaut", highly doubt this stamping is of polish orgin, and I have seen ones even still of german manufacture WITH polish stampings in made in converted factories.
                    Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 04-22-2009, 02:13 PM.

Comment

The buyer tells me that this uniform isn't an original german wartime uniform, but it is a pre war polish winter uniform with german buttons.

Well i'm guessing this hood and gloves are also typical pre war polish winter clothing.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your opinion Frederic and Scott. I really believe it is a correct german uniform and that there is nothingh wrong with it. A lot of countries produced camo gear for the germans. Like Reitze (belgium) for instance.

regards Erwin

Comment

Hi, this is a full-original set of the early so-called Winteranzug with greyish, plain-weave wool exterior and cotton canvas interior.

The jacket was made by a firm located in Konigsberg (Preussen), modern day Kaliningrad. If I am not mistaken this plant of the Böhm Ohlitzsch only started to produce uniform pieces after the anexation of Konigsberg and surroundings.

To make it short: an authentic set made by a contractor in Konigsberg for the German Heer between early 1942 and early 1943.

Just my humble opinion, based on thorough research and simple facts.

Comment

Well Vincent, you know i respect your opinion very much

I have sent the buyer a link to this thread

regards Erwin

Comment

Vincent, you know your stuff! This should put ANY doubt to rest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X