No announcement yet.

triangular M44 eagle/stug wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a later war wrap with a hand stiched eagle.
    Attached Files

Comment

In the factory have never produced wrappers with eagle applied by hands and I have never seen an untouched example with the eagle applied through the liner..... till now.
      Here another example.
      Luca
      Attached Files
      Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

How about showing us a little bit more of that wrap, Luca

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by Jens Thune View Post
          How about showing us a little bit more of that wrap, Luca

Jens
          Indeed. And since the national emblem is applied through the lining, it would be interesting to see an interior shot as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
            Indeed. And since the national emblem is applied through the lining, it would be interesting to see an interior shot as well.
            As told, never seen a triangular eagle applied trough the liner on a authentic wrapper, i'll show you as soon as possible a eagle original applied on a gabardine wrapper Sir.
            Luca
            Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Just 2 shots in this thread, here you go
              Luca
              Attached Files
              Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

liner
                Attached Files
                Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Originally posted by Luca Ongaro View Post
                  As told, never seen a triangular eagle applied trough the liner on a authentic wrapper, i'll show you as soon as possible a eagle original applied on a gabardine wrapper Sir.
                  Luca

Here are a couple of snapshots of a factory applied national emblem on an F44 black wrap - originally sewn through the lining (apologies for the poor quality). I'v seen this type of sewing application several times.

However, I don't recall ever having seen this type of application (through the lining) on a field grey wrap, but would certainly not think it impossible.

As for the insignia application on the posted gabardine wrapper, more detailed photos would be necessary to render an opinion. I'll look forward to seeing them.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here are a couple of snapshots of a factory applied national emblem on an F44 black wrap - originally sewn through the lining (apologies for the poor quality). I'v seen this type of sewing application several times...
                    Of course Mr. Davis is absolutely correct.

Although a rather uncommon practice (IMHO), the machine sewing of this type of insignia through the garment’s lining at the factory was a wartime occurrence.

Thanks to Mr. Davis for his pictures as evidence of this fact.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Here are a couple of snapshots of a factory applied national emblem on an F44 black wrap - originally sewn through the lining (apologies for the poor quality). I'v seen this type of sewing application several times.

However, I don't recall ever having seen this type of application (through the lining) on a field grey wrap, but would certainly not think it impossible.
                      Mr Davis, thanks to post what I have never seen, is the first time I see this type of sewing application, eagle looks original applied to me and I'd like to see more.

About the gabardine wrapper I am going to open a thread to show it

Luca
                      Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X