Oberfeldwebel straps w/o Waffenfarbe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oberfeldwebel straps w/o Waffenfarbe

I would like your opinions on these boards w/o Waffenfarbe. They are soft (no stiffener) straps. Originally they came with Jäger insignia.

When I looked at them closley I noticed the absence of a Waffenfarbe.

Unpiped straps

They look original to me. Unpiped straps are usually associated with penal units. However, I have seen other uses. I have two pairs of NCO straps, from Pionier Abt. 17, that came from the same soldier. The first is a piped and embroidered Unteroffizier pair. The other pair is unpiped for a higher rank NCO and has Pionier Abt. 17 slip tabs on them.

Comment

Thank you, I really value your opinion.

Comment

Pionier Abt. 17

Here are the Pionier straps that I spoke of for the Unteroffizier.
        Attached Files

Comment

Oberfeldwebel Pionier Abt. 17

Here is the pair for a Oberfeldwebel. These are very long straps and maybe for an overcoat. Like the Unteroffizier non-standard construction. Note the lack of piping on the straps and the use of the slip-tabs.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Schulterklappen View Post
            They look original to me. Unpiped straps are usually associated with penal units. However, I have seen other uses. I have two pairs of NCO straps, from Pionier Abt. 17, that came from the same soldier. The first is a piped and embroidered Unteroffizier pair. The other pair is unpiped for a higher rank NCO and has Pionier Abt. 17 slip tabs on them.
            Army musicians had no waffenfarbe either!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X