Grossdeutschland cuff title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grossdeutschland cuff title

whats a fair purchase price for a Grossdeutschland cufftitle...not the chicken scratch writing one.. but the readable one...how rare are they ?

Thanks in advance

Richard:
    I think 'chicken scratch' means Suttrelin script/ the third style. The 'readable kind' is the copperplate (English script)... or fourth and final style or the first Gothic style (green and silver BeVo style versus black and silver/white on the other two mentioned).

Großdeutschland cufftitles these days average about $1000...but can go as high as $1500 and as low as $800, of course depending on what you are getting.

As this is an area near and ear to me, I could go on a while about this tpoic, but will not. If the depth of your knowledge is such that you cannot describe/refer to the prospective buy in common collector language, I want to caution you that you are probably not in a great position to be buying one. Please do not take my comment as snyde or egotistical. I mean it only in the sincerest and helpful way. The majority of what you see is repro..particularly the third style as it is easier to replicate than the "chicken scratch'.

Like so much of this hobby, the GD is much replicated....especially as an elite unit. As well, the Tradions Organizations have been active for decades in Germany and the cufftitle was long reproduced as a reunion momento. I am not 1000% sure on one or two of mine...but would be happy to look at whatever you ar elooking at buying and I believe I could give you a pretty good call.
    CSP

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=ScottPritchett]Richard:
      I think 'chicken scratch' means Suttrelin script/ the third style. The 'readable kind' is the copperplate (English script)... or fourth and final style or the first Gothic style (green and silver BeVo style versus black and silver/white on the other two mentioned).

If the depth of your knowledge is such that you cannot describe/refer to the prospective buy in common collector language, I want to caution you that you are probably not in a great position to be buying one. Please do not take my comment as snyde or egotistical. I mean it only in the sincerest and helpful way. The majority of what you see is repro..particularly the third style as it is easier to replicate than the "chicken scratch'.

Although i'm not a "Cuff Title Connesuer"..i do know the difference between Sutterlin Script, Copperplate or Gothic Script..i was merely refering to the writing as "chicken scratch" and "readable" in a comical way..i don't mean to offend the hard core collectors who only speak "collectorease...i was just trying to get an idea of what one of these cuff titles would go for..I will never be able to afford a real one so i guess i have to go the "affordable route"...
      Thanks for your help...

Comment

No offense meant, Richard. None taken. I'm not hard core...GD is just my focus, so I hope I could help.
        CSP

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X