Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assmann summer tunic eagle - opinions please

Hi,

this is an Assmann summer tunic eagle of a friend of mine. He bought the piece back in 1986. I have my opinion, but I would love to hear Yours.

Have a nice evening,
    Steve
    Last edited by RamJet; 04-06-2009, 07:22 PM.

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Common reproduction. If you do a search, you can find an old and excellent thread on these.
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post

Common reproduction.
        Presumed fake, goes by the story " once upon a time there was man with a box full selling them cheap, so they're fake.. ".

Jos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jos Le Conté View Post
          Presumed fake, goes by the story " once upon a time there was man with a box full selling them cheap, so they're fake.. ".

Jos.
          No, they do not exhibit the detail of originals, nor the correct markings, nor the correct manufacturing process. These are no more legitimate than the reproduction Assmann jump badges recently illustrated in the badge section. They are also still common and numerous at shows. Perhaps "the man's box" is always full........
          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

A long and interesting discussion.
            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=summer+eagle
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Thanks, guys. I told the owner of the eagle before I opened this thread that I do not want that kind of eagle in my collection ...

I tend to the opinion that this kind of eagles are repros.

I own(ed) some different kind of summer tunic eagles, a late zinc one from Assmann but without any mark (already sold), an early solid aluminium one marked with "A" and "D.R.G.M." and a copperback eagle marked with an "A" on the backside (pictured below) - don't know the time of construction.

EVERY of this three completely different kind of eagles sported the same feather structure on the body, which looks very different to that of the eagle shown in the first post of this thread and those discussed in the other thread mentioned (the big "A" birds).

Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
                No, they do not exhibit the detail of originals, nor the correct markings, nor the correct manufacturing process. These are no more legitimate than the reproduction Assmann jump badges recently illustrated in the badge section. They are also still common and numerous at shows. Perhaps "the man's box" is always full........
                IMO they do exhibit the detail of originals, but not when compared to that only one we take for good, A for Assmann is a correct marking and the manufacturing process isn't much different from others, stamped, same measurements and same weight as the A DRGM .., coincidence ?
                They've been called fake by theory and agreement between certain persons, but no more proof than that.
                They even try to fake this "fake" and don't manage to get it right, go figure..
                Concerning their endless apearance, I think I've seen more Cupal eagles over the years than big A's

Reminds me of all discussions that molds and dies were very expensive and there was only one die and that's why IMME took their parts from Juncker to assemble their flightbadges etc..... untill a totally different IMME popped up, made by IMME themselfs, and another and a 3rd... and even one with docs from a members granpa..
                Deep silence..

There might be a 15 different types of Summer eagles in my book sofar.

Jos.
                Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 04-07-2009, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Obviously I triggered an old discussion new ...

Let's look for studio portraits of Luftwaffe soldiers in summer tunic, where the eagles clearly are visible. Perhaps we find a proof for one way or the other.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X