P38 marked "cvq" I have the answers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P38 marked "cvq" I have the answers!

I posted a question to you all a while ago about the P38s marked "cvq". I just wanted everyone to know that I have finally found the answer to this puzzle!

Below is a listing of maker codes found inside an original German "s" code book!!! Don't ask where I got this book from, but I talked to the guy who has it, and he and I are planning on re-printing a couple hundred copies, and I will be getting one for myself!

You will note that the "cyq" and "cvq" are NOT both by Spreewerke!!

"cyq"- Spreewerke G.m.b.H. Metallwarenfabrik, Berlin-Spandau.

"cvq"- Waggonfabrik Jos. Rathgeber, A.-G., Munchen.

I think this discovery opens up a lot of new doors, and mysteries! First off, why is this maker never listed as a maker of P38s? Or did this maker simply assemble parts of the P38s that were made at the Spreewerke plant after it was damaged by the bombing?
    Since these guns are marked with the proof mark "WaA88", the later suggestion would make more sense to me!

I believe that I have finally solve the puzzle, (please do not bow, or clap, just send $!), but I just need a little bit more evidence to prove it!

Matt
    (P.I.)
    (I think Tomas Magnum would be proud of me!)

Reserve one of this copies to me, always is happy to know that one of our little misteries has been finally solved. This, as you said, open a series of interrogants, they asambly or produce the pistols, were a provisional solution or a definitive decision, part of the war effort to open a 4th fabric or simply coincidental with the destruction of the Spree fabric? We wait your new dicoveries in this and other areas.

Thanks again

Cheers

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

cyq v. cvq

While still controversial... I believe most P.38 "experts" believe there was a broken die that explains these away as all Spreewerke guns...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X