Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tailor forms, tailor dummies, mannikens..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tailor forms, tailor dummies, mannikens..

Where do you guys get these at? Any tips for picking up used ones? I stopped by a couple local alteration & tailor shops where I live, and that was fruitless, they dont speak English, and I dont speak Chinese.

"We no sell, you need dryclean?"

I find the nice wooden tailor body forms (is this the correct terminology?) the most appealing, any ideas on where to pick some of these up?

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Webster Displays (http://www.websterdisplays.com) has some cheapie styrofoam torso displays that work great. There are stores that sell used display fixtures like mannequins and cabinets; maybe take an ad or two out in local newspapers and troll for them that way?
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

here is a guy who sells used stuff all kinds of tailor mannequins and store display pieces. Check out the babes

http://www.davessurplus.com/mannekin/manq2.htm

Ian

Comment

Mark I think this is what your looking for.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by I Marotto
          Mark I think this is what your looking for.

Ian
          Umm, no thanks Ian, ...but I think I have found what I was looking for in the links provided.

I appreciate the help guys!

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Make sure that when you buy these mannequins you know what size the tunic is that is going on that mannequin.

I have several bad buys simply because the tunic was too small (or the torso was too big).

I needed one so small that I decided to make it fit myself by sanding the styrofoam of by hand.

Comment

I find old used ones from stores - the type that are made of glued layered cardboard. If the mannequinn is too big I just section it on the table saw and glue it back together. Too small and I add pieces of old blanket.

Comment

Styrofoam ???

Does this have any bad effects on the uniform ?? I remeber in a previous thread regarding helmets & headgear this was frowned upon due to gases etc leaching out, does this apply to uniforms as well ??

Mark does this mean you have biten the bullet & bought yourself a uniform ??
                Strong wind-magic mist, to Asgard the Valkries fly
                High overhead-they carry the dead, Where the blood of my enemies lies - MANOWAR - Hail to England

Comment

You should never have Styrofoam come in direct contact with cloth, leather etc.

This indeed will damage it over time.

Allways place a layer of inert cloth between the styrofoam and the tunic. This will help preserve the tunic for future generations

Comment

Mark,here is another place I use besides Websters.I like the service and quality better.There is nothing wrong with Websters and thier products,I still use them as well.

http://www.allendisplay.com/mannequinsM4.htm

Brad

Comment

I bought mannequins at: http://www.mannequins.nl/
                      Top quality and a reliable guy!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X