Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pz breast eagles , Help !!

Hallo,

I have been offered those 2 panzer breast eagles.

My main reason for douting the bottom one is only 4 little feathers on the bottom one instead of the classic 5 .
    Also I have a bad "gutt feeling" about the breast feathers , or maybe I am turning paranoid ??

I am far from being an expert in this field but I think the botton one is wrong and the top one a good early M35 eagle .

More pics of the one I like :-)

The swastika is looking a bit odd, but I believe it's still ok .

Do you share my concerns and conlusions or should I pass on both ?

Many thanks for your help ,

yves

The botoom one is a well known fake with the "broken line" and four feathers as you noted. I do not like the top one either, the wreath is different and other details to my examples. Maybe this is a variation? but I would pass.

Comment

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
      The botoom one is a well known fake with the "broken line" and four feathers as you noted. I do not like the top one either, the wreath is different and other details to my examples. Maybe this is a variation? but I would pass.
      as John said bottom one is 100% fake and the top does not match any of my early pattern panzer or heer examples the feet and the first row of inner feathers look off maybe a variant ? but maybe ok ?
      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Eagles

Greetings All,

The top eagle is a 1st pattern,enlisted mans, panzer, breast eagle. !00% original. The second eagle is a well known fake. I posted this exact eagle in the pinned thread "Reproduction Heer Cloth Insignia" .

Fred

Comment

Fred is it normal to have a rounded edge wreath like that on the first example? I am used to seeing this type.
          Attached Files

Comment

Eagles

Greetings John,

I do believe the top one is good. I am sure there were some minor variations. I had one of these where the tension was incorrect and it seemed very thick and fluffy.
            One of the big concerns to me is in the width of the base cloth,which looks to be the correct size, and the rear construction.

Fred

Comment

HI

IMHO the Top one is a nice variation of the early construction. If you want to part with it send me a pm,

Of course I agree with the bottom one being a fake

Have a nice day...

Michael

Comment

I have one like the top Eagle. I am sure it's an original variation.

Max

Comment

Salut,

Many thanks guys for your help !

yves

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X