Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reproduction Heer Cloth

Greetings All,

Throughout my collecting I always end up with some bad pieces of cloth. Either through inexperience or just plain greed I pick them up.A couple of times I picked them up just to have an example.

I will post some of the stuff that I have in hope that some young collector does not do the same. A few of these pieces are readily recognizable and familiar. Some are not.

I have 28 photos to post, front and back, and I would appreciate it if you would hold your comments to the end. Thanks.

Fred

The first item is the Panzer flatwire eagle and wreath. The eagle is an old friend around this forum in many different colors and materials. The wreath is well done but the basic size of the leaves and the weave help give it away as a reproduction

Here is a reverse shot
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Here is the enlisted BeVo version. They were made by the same manufacturer as the flatwire set.

Again, the reserve side.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Here are two other panzer cap eagles. The basic BeVo enlisted eagle and the very illusive Panzer "T" eagle

One of the "Tells" on the basic cap eagle,no matter what color, is the width of the base material. The basic eagle is done in a silky thread also.

The reverse image.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

This guy is always alot of trouble and is a very frequent visitor to the forum. He comes in all colors and alot of the time cut /folded and removed from a tunic. The big "Tells" for this eagle are the three small wing segments with the incomplete one on the bottom. The Base material that the eagle is woven on is to short. As a matter of fact the above cap eagles and this style of breast eagle have the same size base material!

And again the reverse view.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Here is a very tough one. This is a panzer flatwire. The execution is very ,very good! The base material is is a few millimeters larger than an original.

And the reverse side of this guy.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:25 AM.

Comment

I always had a specialty patch fetish so I picked up as many as I could. Here are a few of the bad ones. These are the post 1940 on field grey. The big "Tells" on these are the size of the initial,the base wool and the color and size of the embroidery thread. The circular discs were hand cut not machine cut.

Reverse image of the specialty patches.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Here are some earlier specialty patches done on dark green.The dark green base material is very much like badge cloth but too thin and light. The patch was reinforced by a black cloth backing which acted as a stiffener.The shade of the embroidery thread is very light and the darkgreen background is also a different shade.

The backsides of the early specialty patches. These were all made by the same person. Notice the same materials, thread, and stitching.The exterior wire trim is too small for me.

NOTE: These patches were trimmed in all sorts of materials from waffenfarbe to color braid.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:26 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Comment

Here is another frequent visitor to the forum. Most of the time he is already on a hat. The colors are just about right and the formation of the eagle and roundle are good. The material is the big "Tell" on this guy. As with most of the insignia I have posted it is made of newer man-made material. The panzer eagles tend to be made from cotton.

And the backside.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:27 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Comment

This signal blitz I just picked up. It is very well done. The execution of the blitz is fantastic and with a vey desirable color!! The base material that it is on is new!

The backside of the Blitz
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:28 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Comment

Collar tabs are always a problem with me. The new generation is very well made. I tend to see the base material a little bit lighter in color than the originals. Here are some late war repros.

And the reverse of the tabs.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:28 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Comment

Mid-war tabs are coming out alot too. Here is a set of them cut and folded.

And the backside of the mid-war tabs.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:29 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Comment

This fellow needs no introduction here but I will any how. This tropical edelweiss is seen all over ebay and hits the forum alot. It is very well made but with a bad base material. Alot of times you will see these cut and folded on a very neatly trimmed piece of khaki material or with the excess base material removed.

The Backside. The design of this patch is very nicely executed.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:29 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Comment

These next two fellows have hit the market in every flavor imaginable! This georgian volunteer patch has a nice front design is made out of polyester!

The backside of this patch shows the incorrect BeVo weave construction with a mass of loose fibers.

There is a newer generation of eagle that is hitting the market with very good front design but made of polyester and has this loose weave on back.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:30 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Comment

This Turkistan patch is nice but in reality it is incorrect with the crescents on the towers. They almost have the color of the base material right.

And the reverse side.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Lenny W; 04-11-2020, 09:30 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X