Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer General tunic

Hi

What do you gentlelmen think about this Tunic?. It is a HEER tunic. I don't have any provenance.

Juan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JuanS; 11-06-2003, 05:42 PM.

another picture
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Juan -

Any more scans? Sent you a pm.

Don

Comment

Juan:

Although it is impossible to form a definitive opinion from these pics, I can say that I don't care for any of the insignia at all. They all look like pretty poor reproductions from what I can see.

Hope this helps,

Drew

Comment

How about that name label right side up and readable, please?

Comment

re

Hey Juan is it posibble to take a better pic of the eagle

greeting,s Johnny
            sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Hi

I do not have the tunic yet. I asked for better pitures of insingnia,and collar patches and label as is unreadeble. This is the best that I can do now.
              thanks
              Juan
              Attached Files

Comment

Juan: the middle word is clearly (for me, anyway! ) BAURAT. The first part is probably "Ober" or something like that, and the last is his name, which I cannot read as is either-- "Freye" or something like that.

The label shows this was a CONSTRUCTION OFFICIAL'S tunic. Given the objections people have noted above, it seems certain that this is a tunic "body" that has been "upgraded."

If you haven't gotten it yet, now would be a good time to stop shipment!

Comment

Thanks,Rick

How the H--- did you do to read the label?, you must have a computer program?

I have not make a deal and will not make a deal. I will wait for better picture mosly for educational purposes. The price was about $2,000 below market value. I will post the pictures that I requested but I will not hold my breath.I sent an e mail in the morning and had received a reply.

Juan

Comment

OK, just back from the archives-- FREYE, born 1904 was a Regierungs-BAURAT (= Major) at Heeres Bau Amt III Hannover in 1939, in that position since 28.4.34 with seniority as a civil-certified Regierungsbaumeister since 1.8.36.

It appears with this knowledge that the first word on the label is "Reg." and he was STILL in that rank when this tunic was tailored in November 1941. Or he had been promoted up a single rank to Oberregierungsbaurat (= Lieutenant Colonel).

Oops..Simultaneous Typing! Remember that Bruce Willis movie with the kid who "saw dead people?" I "see" blurs and smudges!

Here will come the INTERESTING part: has the seller got the ETHICS to admit what he's got-- or is he the sort of stinking pile of warm crap who will just pull the name label out as the "key evidence" that disproves what this tunic was?
                    Last edited by Rick Lundström; 11-07-2003, 06:02 PM.

Comment

I sent Juan a PM on this tunic, but what I want to know is - HOW COME NONE OF YOU NOTICED THAT THE SHOULDER BOARDS WERE INSTALLED BACKWARDS???

Comment

Hi

I just wanted to mention that it is amazing that with just few very poor pictures in this forum somebody was able to find the original owner of the tunic. The fact that people in this forum are able to work and find clues and rediscover history with such poor clues and pictures just blows my mind.
                        We found the tunic of major "Freye". Somebody that may be nobody had thought or care in who knows how many years. I tell you today I feel like an archeologist ( even if I did not do the diggin). I think it is nice to be remember and I anm glad that we remembered Mayor Freye. I like to collect because I love history and today I fell we rediscover history ( and by the way saved me a lot of money)

Amen
                        Juan

Comment

Rick:

Awesome work on tracking the ID down! You must have a ton of resources available to you...

Dave:

I did notice that the shoulder boards were on the wrong shoulders, but figured since they were bad, nothing else was really worth mentioning.

Too bad someone took and attributable tunic and ruined it like that...

Regards,

Drew

Comment

Unfortunately, those backwards boards are not an absolute guarantee of being a fake. I have a general staff tunic (named) that has them that way, and Jack Angolia has a LW tunic the same way. Expect in Jack's case he has an original wartime photo of the guy wearing that tunic - and you can clearly see the reversed boards. I always wonder - was it a mistake, or did the owner just like them better that way?

It is sad that a good named tunic was ruined - by an idiot who doesn't even know enough to realize that the name label giving the guy's rank was a stake through the heart.

Comment

Our Greatest Resources Here are HUMAN

I was able to READ the label, but would have been unable to do anything with that information without the Arcane Reference Network developed HERE. Thanks to Glenn's Indiana Jones type literal rummaging down in some forgotten Reich-catacombs, the "unknown" 1939 material has seen the light of day for the first time since 1945.

Individually, we all have bits and pieces. Together... this website is The Greatest. All for One, One For All, or something like that.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X