Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffenrock question

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any reference sites to the waffenrock parade uniform??

Thanks

I'm not sure about websites, but Tim Curley and Neil Stewart published a 591 page tome titled Waffenrock: Parade Uniforms of the German Army. It is the best book you'll ever find on the subject. Amazon has them in stock.
    AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Agreed about the book. However the book is pretty pricey but an invaluable resource for the rock collector.

Comment

Yes, I was already aware of the book, that is actually the reason for me asking if there are any sites on the subject. But thank you for your responses, I will eventually obtain the book but it is a little expensive for me at the moment.

Comment

Rocks.

How about our own forum,there are twenty pages worth if you do a search,should tell you most things want to know about waffenrocks.Regards Hans.

Comment

Tim's and Neil's book is fantastic -- it got me started in Waffenrock collecting and has a lot of text in addition to the fantastic photography. If you plan to collect anything, you have to have the references. The "high cost" of these books is paid off the moment you save money on not making a bad purchase decision.

Mike

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Thank you for your suggestions/responses,

I will be sure to acquire the book when I feel that I can pull the money out

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Zeug View Post
                How about our own forum,there are twenty pages worth if you do a search,should tell you most things want to know about waffenrocks.Regards Hans.
                There was never a truer statement.

Mark
                Last edited by MLH13; 02-12-2009, 12:44 PM.

Comment

I guess it depends on your perspective. If you're going to collect $1,000+ waffenrocks, $120 for a decent reference book seems like a good investment. Publishing full color books isn't cheap.
                  AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Tom,<O</O
                    <O</O

I absolutely agree with you. If you want to play in this game, investing in excellent reference books is truly a no brainier. In addition, the WAF and the wealth of experience its members bring are additional, invaluable resources available to collectors. Think of it as a symbiotic relationship. <O</O
                    <O</O

Mark<O</O
                    <O</O

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X