HG Officer's Cufftitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HG Officer's Cufftitle

I was wondering if anyone could help me determine whether or not this cufftitle is authentic. I personally think that the quality looks good, but my experience with LW items is limited.
    Thanks in advance, Doug
    Attached Files

Hi Doug,
    In my opinion, it has a very good chance at being a reproduction. The embroidery on the letters is not even, in my eyes. By this I mean that each thread be perfectly parallel and tight against it's neighbor. They appear wavy to me.
    Thank you,
    Curtiss

Comment

Am I right in saying that on originals, surprisingly, the last 'G' of the name was slightly smaller than the rest of the letters?

Comment

Here are 2 photos I just took (in very poor lighting conditions, for which I apologize) of a real one.
        Attached Files

Comment

2nd. I can't tell about DougO's for sure, but I don't see anything that jumps off the page as being bad. All these are done, of course, by hand, and so there are variations.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Leroy; 02-11-2009, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Doug, my first impression is a . I would like to see some closeups of the lettering. The Umlaut O is a big concern to me.
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

The one pictured above has been offered to me. Here is one from my collection that I am sure is 100% real.
              There is a lot of variation in these from what I can see. Even if you compare mine (which was bought in a grouping from the family in Germany) with the one posted by Leroy, there are significant differences.
              This is a tough one.
              Any more opinions?
              Doug
              Attached Files

Comment

Pic2... Look at how the 'R's are constructed on all three. There seems to be some similarities between them all as well.
                Attached Files

Comment

Yes Doug, there seem to be alot of variations to these. I certainly like the second one you posted. Regardless of variations, I find the umlaut to be outside the window. Only my opinion of course.....

If someone is considering the presence of such a cufftitle to determine whether a tunic is an HG officer's tunic or not, then I would be especially careful. Especially regarding the crooked application I see on that one.
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post

If someone is considering the presence of such a cufftitle to determine whether a tunic is an HG officer's tunic or not, then I would be especially careful.
                    This is certainly true, as is the converse.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X