If you could only have one..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you could only have one..........

I will finally be getting a room for my collection. My main interest is daggers and awards, but I have always wanted to have at least one complete uniform. I think lack of space will keep me from getting more.
    I have been looking at uniforms for some time now, trying to decide what to get, I seem to like them all. I thought it may be interesting and of help to me to get opinions from those more involved in this field.
    If you could only have one uniform, what would you choose?

The one you fall in love with that comes your way by chance.(preferredly from a veterans estate you bought first hand, and when it happens ..dont let anyone talk you out of it)

Comment

Hmmm as a cloth collector mainly, difficult to answer, which is why I can hardly get into my closets anymore, If I had to save just one set in a fire, I'd probably find myself unable to make a choice, sad but true!

Comment

for right now a untouched m-42 em tunic
        Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
        teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

I would think that if you wanted a uniform to display with a collection of daggers and medals, a Waffenrock would most adequately fit in the theme of everything. They are also most affordable. Just pick a sharp waffenfarbe! Orange or Bluegray(Transport) are really nice!

The choice is yours to pick the branch of service you like the best!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
            I would think that if you wanted a uniform to display with a collection of daggers and medals, a Waffenrock would most adequately fit in the theme of everything. They are also most affordable. Just pick a sharp waffenfarbe! Orange or Bluegray(Transport) are really nice!

The choice is yours to pick the branch of service you like the best!
            Good Call! I agree, with brocade belt, dagger, all the goodies, those pieces really shine, and most are in the condition for the final victory parade that never came

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeknives View Post
              I will finally be getting a room for my collection. My main interest is daggers and awards, but I have always wanted to have at least one complete uniform. I think lack of space will keep me from getting more.
              I have been looking at uniforms for some time now, trying to decide what to get, I seem to like them all. I thought it may be interesting and of help to me to get opinions from those more involved in this field.
              If you could only have one uniform, what would you choose?

Well i only have one complete uniform my self, but say if i would be looking for one, just one now, ofcourse depending on my budget id be looking at these kinds ;

From Heer ; Arty officer, Cavalry officer, Panzer officer.
              From LW ; Flight officer or FJ officer.
              From SS ; Totenkopf, Das Reich, LSSAH, Hunyadi.

Cheers, Les.

Comment

Is easy for me, a Kriegsmarine officer wearing the service dress, froch coat, visor cap (white or blue, dagger, dress belt, ... one of the nicer.
                Attached Files
                Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

For me, I am a fan of combat uniforms. However since you are a dagger & awards collector, PaulR's advice of an officer's Waffenrock with brocade belt and aguillette would be the most appropriate with your collection.

If Waffenrocks don't cut it for you, then consider a nice officer's piped service tunic or a good representative officer's M36 with plenty of award loops.

Paul

Comment

Hmmmm... Thank you for all the comments. I can see now that just one will not cut it, so maybe two or three. I think Paul is correct, a Waffenrock will be a good start, and see where it goes from there. Now the search for the perfect one.
                    Wolfgang

Comment

If you can only have one representative piece and you're a badge/dagger collector a waffenrock would be appropriate. Infantry waffenrocks are the most abundant and still relatively affordable.
                      AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

For me it would have to be Grossdeutschland Waffenrock. No doubt whatsoever.

Comment

i realy need a lw pilot officers tunic with at least a few loops

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                          X