Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlined blue channel trousers

Gents,
    Your opinion on these kanalhose? I don't have them in hand so cannot supply better pics. Doesn't seem like the Czech made copies that were around a few years ago.

Hi, they look good. Pics of the snaps, waist button holes, buckles, pocket vents and an inside out pic of the legs would be more helpful. Best, Bill

Comment

I agree..

Also check if they aren't the winterpants with removed lining..

Jos.

Comment

Bill and Jos,
        Many thanks for your comments. Price is very reasonable and I can always return them if there's a problem. Will post additional photos after I receive the pants.

Comment

My guess is winter weight with the fur lining removed.

Regards,
          Mike

Comment

I agree!
            Winter fur-lined born, unlined channel became... Easily recognize by the cloth, never used for sewn the summer weight channel trousers, proper of the fur lined pants. For sure, if you look at the pants closely you can see the old holes where the fur was sewn. In wich point of history was happened... is impossible to say. Anyway, for what I can see, seems good ones!

Happy new year to all! Cheers!

Comment

Again.. Take a look to the pics, the pocket look less aged and discolored than the other cloth.. too much different. Should be great see a close up of the press buttons and the zipp, really bright!

cheers, again!

Comment

Sometimes the pants aren't completely made of one and the same fabric, but after a 2nd look you might be right Frank, the pockets look like replaced, the flaps are sewn in a different way and the leather straps look different and don't hold loops for flares IMO.
                I think this will be easy to detect from the inside..

Jos.

Comment

Greetings, Its demorilizing to hear of more fakery and the alteration of real pieces. One of the reasons I choose to collect Luftwaffe was the low ratio fakes and altered pieces. I suppose at some time leather items will also fall into that catagory. Best, Bill Bourque

Comment

Originally posted by hs132 View Post
                    Greetings, Its demorilizing to hear of more fakery and the alteration of real pieces. One of the reasons I choose to collect Luftwaffe was the low ratio fakes and altered pieces. I suppose at some time leather items will also fall into that catagory. Best, Bill Bourque
                    Bill, I think in some cases it is just a case of restoring, it's hard to hide these things.. and yes, I've seen leather flightpants with newly added pockets.., nicely done, but the trained eye will find out.
                    Too many flightpants have/had the pockets removed, not by the pilots, but postwar done by civilians.., others put them back on.
                    I think they leave it to the collector to decide to take a altered piece, most of the time the price reflects the goodies...

Jos.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                    X