Kriegsmarine Pith helmet eagle???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine Pith helmet eagle???

Not sure if I should actually be posting this in the headgear form instead, but I'll try here first.

Please share your opinions on this line officer eagle for the KM pith helmet. The details do not look very sharp to me, but perhaps it is just the photos.

I assume these have been copied like everything else TR? I've seen some that seem to have a much wider eagle body than others. If I am correct the examples with the wider body also do not have the sharp details of the narrower ones I've seen. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Pith eagle

Reverse...
    Attached Files

Comment

It's a cast eagle ----> fake ..

Jos.

Comment

Pith eagle

Hi Jos,

Thanks, that's what I was thinking too. It just doesn't have the sharp details of an original. I'm still wondering if there are originals with the fat or wide breasted eagle too.

Comment

I was told any of the KM eagles for the pith helmet that had the loops on the rear like that were repro eagles. I have a KM eagle kicking around here that has the loops

Comment

I have a loose admin pith helmet eagle but if I recall its a pin eagle, not with loops like this. Matt
            Attached Files

Comment

back
              Sorry pics arn't the best. Matt
              Attached Files

Comment

Pith eagle

Thanks for posting your example Afrikasandman. That is a very nice piece.

Can anyone confirm what pzrwest was told, that the KM pith eagles with the loops on the reverse are all repros?

Comment

I can't confirm it but never seen one that i really liked with the loops. Glad to have helped. Matt

Comment

the proportions just dont seem right with the body and claws just being disporportioned and too big!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                    X