• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBT jacket.

Hello Gents,
    a recent find,HBT tunic.
    Thanks for looking.

Stunning, and great Frankfurt manufacturers markings. That breast eagle looks to be originally attached - for a change! Congratulations! Regards, Robert

Comment

Is it common to find a M42 HBT 1944 dated?
      Never seen markings as clear as those ones

Comment

Originally posted by FestungSpanien View Post
        Is it common to find a M42 HBT 1944 dated?
        Never seen markings as clear as those ones
        Hello
        The F44 does not indicate the year of manufacture , but the year it was issued at the Frankfurt depot .
        I agree that the marking are kind of "clear" but considering the tunic is mint ,I do not see any problems with it , it could just be the picture making it more "bright".
        Regards
        P-Y

Comment

Wow!! It looks to be low millage, only driven to church on Sundays, and in showroom condition. !!! Fabric looks almost unwashed. . Very nice.

Comment

"The F44 does not indicate the year of manufacture..."

No, but it the vast majority of cases for tunics and trousers, the year of issue and the year of manufacture are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat de Fer View Post
              Hello
              The F44 does not indicate the year of manufacture , but the year it was issued at the Frankfurt depot .
              I agree that the marking are kind of "clear" but considering the tunic is mint ,I do not see any problems with it , it could just be the picture making it more "bright".
              Regards
              P-Y
              Hello Soldat, would the F44 be stamped when the tunic was accepted "into" the depot" or issued out of the depot? thanks, Scott

Comment

Another angle of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
                  Hello Soldat, would the F44 be stamped when the tunic was accepted "into" the depot" or issued out of the depot? thanks, Scott
                  When it was accepted IMO.
                  Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                  Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Great tunic! Glad you posted the pictures!
                    Nice to see a minty hbt m42 NCO! very uncommon.

Comment

Very nice original jacket..I too really like the markings (have seen similar before)

It could have very well been manufactured in 44,just an earlier M42 type cutting pattern was used by the factory who produced it.

Glenn
                      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Were not all the stampings done at the same time during manufacturing? If the F44 stamping was done when it was accepted in or issued out of the depot, would it not be an entirely different stamping. The depot and date had to be pre-determined to have been included in the markings during manufacture.

I would venture to say that in most cases the depot mark plus date would be a very good indication of the year of manufacture, unless it was in the last month of the year and they knew it would not make it through the depot until the next year and stamped it accordingly. My observations have been that most cases the depot marks plus dates seem to be in the same fonts and ink of the size markings and stamped at the same time.

Richard

Comment

"I would venture to say that in most cases the depot mark plus date would be a very good indication of the year of manufacture, unless it was in the last month of the year and they knew it would not make it through the depot until the next year and stamped it accordingly."

Agreed. I think my HBT NCO tunic is also stamped in white ink; I'll check it when I get home. s/f Robert

Comment

one looker

IMO my limited knowledge of these, this one jumped out right away...love the stitching on the numbers...

Comment

Hi

Great looking tunic. The tress look blue?. What is the true color of thr tress?
                              I love combat tunics and yours is awesome

regards

Juan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X