General's collar tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General's collar tabs

Thoughts on these General's Verwaltung (Admin)collar tabs?
    Attached Files

back

back
    Attached Files

Comment

detail

detail
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The last one!
          Appreciate opinions!
          Attached Files

Comment

Nick,

Everything looks wrong to me, materials, workmanship, etc. I have only had one set of generals admin tabs,(light gray backing with green on 3 sides) but the bullion work should be the same quality as the standard Heer general's tabs. The embroidery pattern looks off too.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
              Nick,

Everything looks wrong to me, materials, workmanship, etc. I have only had one set of generals admin tabs,(light gray backing with green on 3 sides) but the bullion work should be the same quality as the standard Heer general's tabs. The embroidery pattern looks off too.

Richard
              Those would be tabs for the Kreigs or Militarverwaltungsbeamte General. Could you post a photo of them please.

Comment

I agree with Richard; I don't like anything about them.

Regards,

Drew

Comment

tabs

Not even close... Alex

Comment

And the worst thing about it is someone paid 203 euro for them

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=290285662566

Comment

Looks Pakistani to me.

Comment

Lawrence,

I sold them almost 30 years ago, they were a vet pick up and are identical to these shown in the center on "The Marshal's Baton" website. They look exactly like my old tabs and may be. They are the only set I have ever seen loose and a lot of people back then thought they were some sort of mistake. I'm sure there are probably others in collections. Borrowing this pic was the best I could do.

Richard
                        Attached Files

Comment

All you have to do is compare the embroidery in the photos of the tab that started this thread, with the bottom tab in the photo Richard posted above, and you will see the differences in quality between a period made original and a poorly made copy. There are nice copies of Generals tabs out there, but the subject of this thread is certainly not one of them.

Comment

If compared to the original in the pictures it is fairly easy to spot the lack of craftmaship with the first pair posted. The first pair have bullion that isn't even close to being tight like the originals. Very sloppy workmanship on these.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X